Wanted: Front Cylinder support

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
shogun

Wanted: Front Cylinder support

Post by shogun »

Hello,need part 95 563 928 Front Cylinder support for a 1992 saloon BX TZD number 13 from attached image Thanks
Attachments
1992 saloon BX TZD  Front Cylinder support #13
1992 saloon BX TZD Front Cylinder support #13
strut support.jpg (39.48 KiB) Viewed 276 times
RxBX
Over 2k

Re: Wanted: Front Cylinder support

Post by RxBX »

In the XM/Xantia world this would be classed as the 'Strut Top mount' where horrific corrosion of the baseplate takes place or the moulded rubber/polyurethane perishes or de-laminates to the extent that the strut 'Spears the bonnet' (Its even happened to a chaps C6 from Ireland but that may have been some cir-clip retainment issue/failure which was the suspect IIRC) !

Anyhow back to the BX #13 as far as I know this is a common part to all derivatives of BX's and are not even handed (Like on the XM's/Xantia's) hopefully I have one strut-leg complete with a 'Strut top mounting' in the garage [-o<

But I'd need to check that out tomorrow for you and it's condition too, I'll update PM/you when I've checked it out !

:)

Discoil
BXpert

Re: Wanted: Front Cylinder support

Post by Discoil »

Hi, I've been away, since my last post to you and then came down with a virus bug at Christmas.
I'm up to a couple of hours a day now and shall be looking for a mount soon.

If you have already sourced one , let us all know please .
Land Rover Discovery TD5