Wanted: 16v downpipe

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
djoptix
BXpert

Wanted: 16v downpipe

Post by djoptix »

Always rare but worth a shot...

I have a Powerflow exhaust to go on my 16v but it needs the standard downpipe, cut off before the box. I reckon I might as well try and get the exhaust right, since I hope once the stainless system goes on I won't be doing much maintenance... so I'm looking for a proper 16v downpipe with the long split in it. I think Walker did a pattern part which was right, and possibly Bosal too. Most of the pattern parts only have a short split, which robs low-end power. Anyone have one they would care to let go?
Good heavens! My signature's been moderated...
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Re: Wanted: 16v downpipe

Post by Vanny »

Could you not get your existing one copied into stainless? Seems a shame to have stainless except for the bit that is impossible to get hold of?

If you do go down that route, i wouldn't mind a stainless front pipe if you get two made ;)
electrokid
1K Away

Post by electrokid »

Some StSt exhaust builders recommend the use of the standard downpipe on the grounds that it will flex more easily than a StSt version and these sometimes crack at the first bend.

Of course it could be they CBA to build one in stainless :lol:
1992 BX19 TGD estate 228K Rusty - SORNed
2002 C5 HDi SX estate
bravo-x-ray
Confirmed BX'er

Post by bravo-x-ray »

electrokid wrote:Some StSt exhaust builders recommend the use of the standard downpipe on the grounds that it will flex more easily than a StSt version and these sometimes crack at the first bend.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Clamp-on-Exha ... 3a7ce078cf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

8)
Formerly known on here as The Death Wolf many (howled at) moons ago....