White phase 1 16v - any initial forum interest?

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Matt H
1K Away

White phase 1 16v - any initial forum interest?

Post by Matt H »

Just a quick exploratory post really, and I thought I should at least offer it up here ahead of going to eBay, pistonheads etc...

The time has come to part ways with the white Phase 1, due to finally finding my 'dream-spec' black phase 2, and the need for something a bit newer and dependable for the daily commute (plus I've felt a bit cruel using the 16v during winter months).

With a full ticket and some of the little niggly problems sorted, I'd be asking for £1200. It's been well looked after and had a fair amount of money spent on it (More than I care to think about :oops: ). Just a few weeks ago it had a new alternator and the cambelt/waterpump/tensioners were done last year, as well as a full set of silicone coolant hoses. I will write a more comprehensive description later...

However... I really need to get it shifted reasonably quickly, and would consider selling it 'as is' for less money in the next week or so. MoT is up in mid-April, and it's taxed until the end of March. The car is still in daily use, and is ready to go, with no major problems.

Niggles include things like lazy central locking actuators, lazy drivers side window and a slow front wiper. I also need to paint the front bumper as I fitted a brand new unpainted bumper (the old one had been badly painted in the past, and had been scuffed in the past by the looks of things). It also recently lost it's rear exhaust hanger, and will need the appropriate repairs doing.

This is the most recent pic I could find... As you can see it cleans up okay :)

The car will come with the best set of Speedlines I have, with good tyres etc - I'm keeping the OZs :lol:

How does £900 sound? Any questions, fire away!
djoptix
BXpert

Re: White phase 1 16v - any initial forum interest?

Post by djoptix »

Aargh!
Good heavens! My signature's been moderated...
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Re: Exhaust hager etc. what's the state of the rear corrosion-wise?
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

Philip Chidlow wrote:Re: Exhaust hager etc. what's the state of the rear corrosion-wise?

Surprise 25 th Wedding anniversary present for Liz eh Philip,
I like your thinking !!!
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

light travels faster than sound, thats why you look intelligent and then you spoil it all by opening your mouth !!!!!
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Mmmm. More likely not, but I might decide it's worth the grief! ;)
Matt H
1K Away

Post by Matt H »

Rear corrosion is not too bad, like I said it will be repaired pre- proper sale and have been quoted about £150 to do. Like everything, it's probably worse than it looks, but not something that worries me too much.

The fact any prospective BX 16v owner will have to come to terms with is fighting rust. It is a 24 year old car after all! This one is in fair shape, probably one of the better ones, especially for a phase 1. More importantly its usable - and has been in regular use.
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

FWIW I've driven this for around 50 miles about 18 months back - it went well and felt pretty tight :D If I was after one then I wouldn't have any problem with what Matt is asking.

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

PM sent.
*Update* not a problem with the car, a bit of a problem with timing and money/commitments. Just to let everyone know this car is hugely appealing, and at a good price, so do what I can't now do, and give it a good home!
klafindo

Post by klafindo »

Matt H wrote:Just a quick exploratory post really, and I thought I should at least offer it up here ahead of going to eBay, pistonheads etc...

The time has come to part ways with the white Phase 1, due to finally finding my 'dream-spec' black phase 2, and the need for something a bit newer and dependable for the daily commute (plus I've felt a bit cruel using the 16v during winter months).

With a full ticket and some of the little niggly problems sorted, I'd be asking for £1200. It's been well looked after and had a fair amount of money spent on it (More than I care to think about :oops: ). Just a few weeks ago it had a new alternator and the cambelt/waterpump/tensioners were done last year, as well as a full set of silicone coolant hoses. I will write a more comprehensive description later...

However... I really need to get it shifted reasonably quickly, and would consider selling it 'as is' for less money in the next week or so. MoT is up in mid-April, and it's taxed until the end of March. The car is still in daily use, and is ready to go, with no major problems.

Niggles include things like lazy central locking actuators, lazy drivers side window and a slow front wiper. I also need to paint the front bumper as I fitted a brand new unpainted bumper (the old one had been badly painted in the past, and had been scuffed in the past by the looks of things). It also recently lost it's rear exhaust hanger, and will need the appropriate repairs doing.

This is the most recent pic I could find... As you can see it cleans up okay :)

The car will come with the best set of Speedlines I have, with good tyres etc - I'm keeping the OZs :lol:

How does £900 sound? Any questions, fire away!
We are rebuilding some BX and CX in Indonesia, looking for used & brand new parts for Citroen BX & Seller, in UK or other European countries (completed with email address) such as:

1. BX and CX, High Pressure Pumps with green color metal/steel covers.

2. The pressure regulators in reconditioned or brand new (but all the seals must be perfect condition)

3. Bx front leg suspension or struts in reconditioned or brand new (but all the seals must be perfect condition)

4. Bx power steering pinions & its flow valves in reconditioned or brand new

5. Completed interior (front & rear seats + 4 door trims) BX 16valves, black leather or blue velour/fabric ex BX 16valves Monza

6. Used cylinder head & pistons set etc.+ all ancillaries + ECU + wiring harness ex BX 16valves (XU9J4) for conversion project XU9J2 to be XU9J4

NOTE:
Around 10 years ago, we did purchase 2 sets used engine & gearbox+all ancillaries+front seats & door trim ex Citroen 19 GTi 16valves & Peugeot 405 Mi16 from Mitchell Dismantling - UK, the packaging box using 18mm thickness plywood+pallet, the volume around 2.5 M3.

Thank you

Abdi G. Siregar - Jakarta - Indonesia
Email: klafindo@gmail.com
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

with respect Abdi, whilst I have no problem with you asking for parts, unless you have a direct interest in buying this car, perhaps a single wanted post would be preferable to making the same post over several threads.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

I'd be tempted to just ban the guy! His lack of forum etiquette has already been pointed out, yet still these spam posts persist. I'd have thought the correct way to get the sellers attention would be via PM?
djoptix
BXpert

Post by djoptix »

Please will someone ban him. Please.

Please.
Good heavens! My signature's been moderated...
klafindo

Post by klafindo »

docchevron wrote:with respect Abdi, whilst I have no problem with you asking for parts, unless you have a direct interest in buying this car, perhaps a single wanted post would be preferable to making the same post over several threads.
My country regulation not allow to import used cars that is why we need support who can supply used or new parts for BX & CX, not to make a spam and annoying everybody here in the forum but really need the parts especially for the hydraulic.

I am very sorry if this annoying you guys.
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

I understand that you need to repair the cars you have because you cannot import, but then why post on a throead for a car for sale???

I know that some very large forums are so active that it's members will never manage to read posts as quickly as they are posted (just look at the Retrobikes forum!), but we are not one of those forums, and most of us will read every post. All you're doing is alienating your potential suppliers by making us read the same thing over and over again!
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

djoptix wrote:Please will someone ban him. Please.

Please.
I think that would be a tad unfair at this stage, but yes, Abdi my old china, one ad is plenty, really.
We are but small in number so trying some French based forums may be a better bet for many things.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...