wanted bx 16v exhaust tail pipe

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

wanted bx 16v exhaust tail pipe

Post by Vanny »

Does anyone have a bx 16v exhaust tail pipe section available? Would consider a direct exchange for the 8v stainless scorpion one, currently fitted to mine. 8v pipe doesn't stick out far enough to clear the valver bumper, and it's annoyed me too much.
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Re: wanted bx 16v exhaust tail pipe

Post by Kitch »

Vanny wrote:Does anyone have a bx 16v exhaust tail pipe section available? Would consider a direct exchange for the 8v stainless scorpion one, currently fitted to mine. 8v pipe doesn't stick out far enough to clear the valver bumper, and it's annoyed me too much.
Get an estate back box, chop the end off, bend it slightly, weld a Saxo VTR tailpipe on the end, paint black. Jobbed :)
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

will it stick out a bt further if you undo the clamps on the centre box and swing it slightly?
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Vanny
Merseyside resident
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

Possibly, its certainly an idea. I'll get the garage to have a look at it when it goes for MOT this week. It leaks like a sieve at the cross box joints as it is, didn't do a very good job of putting it together TBH and dont currently have a jack to do the job myself!

Saxo VTR tip you say Kitch, that might do the trick. Also wondered about getting the Scorpion reangled as well. Hmmmm Decisions, Decisions . . .
djoptix
BXpert

Post by djoptix »

I have one which I bought new and (iirc) only had fitted for a short while before I fitted a P2 one, but I suspect it might be a standard diesel one (no big lump at the end). It's in very good nick

Alternatively, I have the P2 one on the car which is black and I think in reasonable condition (will try and have a look tonight).

Would be happy to swap either for a Scorpion back box, as I'm about to fit a Scorpion system to the car anyway.
Good heavens! My signature's been moderated...
Vanny
Merseyside resident
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

For reference, the exhaust looks like this;

As you can see it points side ways a bit, and 1/3 of the exhaust is still under the bumper.
djoptix
BXpert

Post by djoptix »

The silver one I have doesn't have a flare of any sort on the end, but I am pretty sure that it did at least exit the bumper in the middle of the depression in the bumper.

The black standard one I have (which is PSA marked and off a phase 2) appears not to have any holes but it does have surface rust and it's not good enough to swap for a shiny Scorpion one but if you want a black standard one it would be fine... the bit that shows (the end) looks OK.
Good heavens! My signature's been moderated...