Rear height corrector needed

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Daisy
BXpert
My Cars: Citroen BX 19TGD 1991 "Daisy" RIP 21/7/2014
Citroen BX 19TGD 1990 "Myrtille "

Rear height corrector needed

Post by Daisy »

Needed urgently - new or pre-loved but in good working order , that is, non-leaking.

Does anyone have one for sale?

AnneMarie
'90 19TGD 'Olympic Blue' "Myrtille"
'91 19TGD 'Alpine White' 28.02.91-21.07.14 "Daisy" R.I.P
Still on the road - Many thanks to Rob Moss at Chevronics, Hitchin, Herts
michaelr
Confirmed BX'er

Re: Rear height corrector needed

Post by michaelr »

Maybe you already know this but it is really very easy to fix a leaking height corrector. There are just two diaphragms and two dust covers. The same parts interchangeable with DS and GS and many others. I did mine this week and it took maybe one hour from start to finish.. It would take 30 mins just to swap over to a second hand replacement. Three new pipe seals are good insurance too.

http://shop.citroenclassics.co.uk/heigh ... -253-p.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

While you have the old corrector in bits a quick wash out with petrol will probably make it good as new.
Michael, Sydney, Australia

BX19TRI Automatic
DS23 Pallas
rutter123
Over 2k
My Cars: 90 Bx Tzd turbo ven red 295k
74 D Super 5 black
05 Volvo V50 2.0d 180k
65 Peugeot Boxer work van 280k

Post by rutter123 »

agreed as above quite easy to do, im sure plaedies will be able to help with a recon unit off the shelf or supply the repair kit at reasonable price, worth giving it a good soak in penetrating fluid a day or so beforehand.
90 BX Tzd turbo 294k SORN undergoing major surgery
90 BX Tzd turbo estate 46k awaiting surgery
65 Peugeot Boxer Van the new workhorse
52 Toyota Rav4 180k Bulletproof Jap reliability
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

It's something I haven't had to do yet, but with both BXs seeming leaking from that area I suspect I'll be learning how to very soon! Thanks for the link Michael.

Anne Marie, will Rob be doing the work? They may already have the seals in stock. Any news on the MOT?

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

This LINK maybe of help :wink:

citronut
Over 2k

Post by citronut »

Matin at Pleiades on
01487 831239

does sell H/C overhaul kits cost in the region of £40 quid,

a little more than Citroen Classics are asking though

regards malcolm
curent ride
K reg BX 17TD TZD est
also own
K reg D special

no longer have
H reg CX saffari 2.5 TRI (now gone to Malaysia)
R reg xantia 1.9TD est (gone to meet its maker)
michaelr
Confirmed BX'er

Post by michaelr »

Ah yes! I did not consider the complexities of muck and corrosion! It may take a little longer than my stated 30 mins R&R time :)

The height corrector removes from the car with just two 11mm head screws and the lifts out of it's position (after removing three pipe unions and a push on return line). Note how the ball locates in the control fork behind it... this needs greasing on reassembly.

Wash the whole assembly with petrol both before you remove it and again on the work bench, then keep every thing absolutely clean while you work. Fitting the rubber parts is very simple and only needs an 8mm spanner plus pliers and a small screw driver. keep everything in order for reassembly and note the position of the ball. If your height corrector has been well behaved before it started leaking maybe this is all you need to do.

If the corrector has been slow to react you can get more adventurous and clean internal passageways and the damper. In the attached link it shows a complicated "labyrinth" that gets clogged and slows actions, later HC have a non serviceable version. Fine needle nose pliers (for the small circlip) and an easy home made tool will be needed.

http://citroen.cappyfabrics.com/Citroen/Rebuild_HC.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Michael, Sydney, Australia

BX19TRI Automatic
DS23 Pallas