An idea - But it will have to be quick as listing is ending

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Caffiend
Reluctant BXpert

Re: An idea - But it will have to be quick as listing is end

Post by Caffiend »

Defender110 wrote:
Tim Leech wrote:
Hmm not sure, I think things work well as they are.
Me too, committes lead to politics which leads to fallings out. i'm in the things are fine as they are or it ain't broke don't fix it camp.
+4 (if my sums are right).

It's possible that DW is right and BXC is getting to the tipping point where a bit more structure may be useful, but let's put formality off as long as possible. It's inevitable that an average size committee of 6-8 people would usually have approximately 11 different opinions on the Best Way to do things around here.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
1991 TZD hatch (Triton Green)
1992 Hurricane
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

Erm no, everything purchased is on the understanding that there is no guarantee, hence the very low price so if something breaks, then tough luck. If i sell something at a car show, there is absolutely no guarantee, thats why its sold for next to nothing, i'm not a shop or business, so i would have thought the club would operate like that, on an informal basis but with a few key members making sure it kinda looks after itself.
I'm sure that between those that contribute financially to the Club it'll work fine this way, but problems may crop up when opened out to the whole membership. With the number of members we in theory have, many of which we never hear from, we don't know what they'll expect of any parts service we may decide to offer, or any other service for that matter. It's why more formal clubs like 2CVGB have gone down the road of setting up a separate company in order to supply parts, so that if anything goes wrong it's just the parts side of the organisation that gets it, not the whole club.

While I'm not suggesting that anyone here is like this, you get some people join a Club with very high ideas of what to expect, like instant answers to information requests as if it's all being run by a full time, paid staff. I've known one friend who used to run one of the CCC registers, and another who used to run the Victor 101 Club get calls in the middle of the night from members who had broken down and expected help, despite in one case the member in question being at the other end of the country! If there's people out there who expect that sort of thing from a Club anyway, what are they going to expect of a parts service?
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

Aren't we just presuming the worst case scenario mentality with all of this? I've not suggested having a committee or something that has to be permanent. I just suggested an idea, i suppose there needs to be some buy in from those interested in the concept, if there isn't even that, then the whole idea is dead in the water anyway. Which i guess from reading the comments so far would appear to be the case. If everyone is happy to pay over inflated prices from supposed citroen indie garages then fair enough. Having looked on e-bay recently, i found those fuel pipe prices rather offensive (i made a comment about this on another thread) & the same seller now has those rubber steering coupling discs at an obscene price as well. I rest my case :(
2002 C5 2.0 HDI Estate - Jasmine - Now SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - My daily
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired.
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

I'm not just a username, i'm also called Matthew.