WANTED: FULLY MECHANICAL BOSCH FUEL PUMP

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
amatuerbx
Confirmed BX'er

WANTED: FULLY MECHANICAL BOSCH FUEL PUMP

Post by amatuerbx »

Hi guys, I am after a fully mechanical Bosch fuel pump for.my Citroen 17 tzd. Will pay a good price

Chris
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Re: WANTED: FULLY MECHANICAL BOSCH FUEL PUMP

Post by Dollywobbler »

Why are you after a Bosch pump? If you're hoping to change from a Lucas set-up, I'm afraid it isn't quite as simple as just changing the pump.
amatuerbx
Confirmed BX'er

Post by amatuerbx »

I know....the timing belt and pulley need to be locked in place. and the pump retarded or advanced to get the timing right.

Anyhow, I won't be doing it on my own. I have someone who has swapped a few of these.

Thanks for the heads up though.
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

Dollywobbler wrote:Why are you after a Bosch pump? If you're hoping to change from a Lucas set-up, I'm afraid it isn't quite as simple as just changing the pump.
Hi Ian, I'm only guessing that Chris perhaps wants to run the BX on neat veggie oil (Like has mate Nigel whom he got the BX from which seems to love the stuff and runs his XM's on too) but as stated I'm only guessing :?

amatuerbx
Confirmed BX'er

Post by amatuerbx »

You are possibly right although I run mine on bio-diesel but just in case I need abit of veg to get me home....:). Is this frowned upon on the forum? Chris
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

amatuerbx wrote:You are possibly right although I run mine on bio-diesel but just in case I need abit of veg to get me home....:). Is this frowned upon on the forum? Chris
I don't think so Chris, you'll be in good company as 'Mulley' !

Have a read thro' THIS thread, AFAIK the 'Crisp and Dry' is still on offer a Asda for £2 for a 2 litre bottle !

:lol:

JayW
1K Away

Post by JayW »

amatuerbx wrote:I know....the timing belt and pulley need to be locked in place. and the pump retarded or advanced to get the timing right.

Anyhow, I won't be doing it on my own. I have someone who has swapped a few of these.

Thanks for the heads up though.
Erm... AND the pipes AND injectors amongst others...
I have zero patience for your tedium.
amatuerbx
Confirmed BX'er

Post by amatuerbx »

As I said. Cheers for the heads up fella. I've got the pipes and injectors....it really is the pump I'm after, my post says WANTED:FULLY MECHANICAL BOSCH FUEL PUMP. As I explained already, I have someone who has done a few of these swaps....appreciate the concern ;)