n/s driveshaft for a t/ d urgent

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
rutter123
Over 2k
My Cars: 90 Bx Tzd turbo ven red 295k
74 D Super 5 black
05 Volvo V50 2.0d 180k
65 Peugeot Boxer work van 280k

n/s driveshaft for a t/ d urgent

Post by rutter123 »

fairly urgent as mine is knocking/grinding, can collect within reasonable distance of heathrow, non abs, must be t/d shaft not n/a.
Last edited by rutter123 on Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
90 BX Tzd turbo 294k SORN undergoing major surgery
90 BX Tzd turbo estate 46k awaiting surgery
65 Peugeot Boxer Van the new workhorse
52 Toyota Rav4 180k Bulletproof Jap reliability
Tinkley
1K Away

Re: n/s driveshaft for a t/ d urgent

Post by Tinkley »

I've got a refurb o/s one ie new boots etc but the new bearing needs changing as it arrived knackered. You should be able to find one on the bay for about 25-30 quid.
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

They are out there on ebay, paid 15 quid for mine.

Andy
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit
My Cars: Cars

Post by BX Bandit »

I can throw you a driveshaft, £15 plus p£p. was a refurb unit from gsf, not sure of mileage but I'm guessing 30k if that.
I could prob get the stainless bumper trim and tacho in the same box but may have to send wiring separately depending on urgency. Am free tomorrow so can post to you and finally follow through on the parcels I owe others. Let me know on good time inc your address.
1990 BX 16V Platinum Grey
1990 BX TGD White
1960 Morris Minor Clarondon Grey
1971 Triumph 2000 Auto Valencia Blue
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

rutter123 wrote:fairly urgent as mine is knocking/grinding, can collect within reasonable distance of heathrow.
With or with-out 'Reluctor-Ring' (ABS) ?

There's some complete shaft/assy's Supposedly New (With a 2 years warranty), on E-bay NON-ABS and with reluctor-ring ABS-TYPE !

The other option would be just to change out the outer CV joint, if you think its just the outer that's Fubared ?

But be very careful when looking at E-bay or other factors/supplier as they seem to be quoting the same CV joint fits both N/A and TD's diesel models but as your probably are aware thats clearly NOT the case as the TD's are of the larger/same size as fitted to the GTi/16v models !

For example, THIS sort of seller/listing is best avoided as they clearly haven't got a clue what there selling :roll:

:lol:

Tinkley
1K Away

Post by Tinkley »

GSF have the CV boots but note that one of them, the inner I think has the incorrect Oertiker clip so you will have to cable tie it one end. Quality doh!