citroen bx 16v center arm rest.

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
greendale65
BXpert

citroen bx 16v center arm rest.

Post by greendale65 »

Hello all, I've got a bx16v I have a centre arm rest can someone tell me how does it fit. Alan
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Re: citroen bx 16v center arm rest.

Post by Defender110 »

They only fit diesel models, I'll buy it off you for mine to save you getting stuck with it :?: :wink: :D :D
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

:lol: :lol:
2002 C5 2.0 HDI Estate - Jasmine - Now SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - My daily
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired.
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

I'm not just a username, i'm also called Matthew.
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

greendale65 wrote:Hello all, I've got a bx16v I have a centre arm rest can someone tell me how does it fit. Alan
Hi Alan and welcome to the BXC !

According to this posting by 'KevR' :-
KevR wrote:Whilst breaking the spares car (which started life as a 1987 TRS 1.6 before becoming a TD), I've rediscovered an accessory box/armrest thingy for between the front seats. I never got round to fitting it originally because I convinced myself it was a Mk1, and because it's covered in grey tweedy material which matched the original upholstery but didn't match the later TZD interior I fitted.

Having just looked at it, I think it's for a Mk2 after all – I think the mounting bracket fits where the two headphone plugs in the rear of the centre console go, and it then pivots up and down to allow access to the change/junk hole in the console.

So if anyone's got an early Mk2 with grey upholstery and fancies a nice period accessory, it's up for grabs. Happy to swap/part ex for other bits or make me an offer.
The /\ quote taken from THIS thread for ref. I hope it may be of help as I've only ever seen one in the 'Flesh' and I didn't actually take too much notice of how it was actually fastened into place, sorry I can't be of any more help !

Are the hinges on console unit on the left-hand side ?
If so, if may only be the second one I know of that are pukka for a RHD vehicle.

IIRC the one Mat F had was from a LHD vehicle he purchased in a French scrap-yard and was a but awkward to use (According to Mat) with it having the hinges on the right-side of the console unit, which was one of the reasons why he sold it !

8) accessory if its a 'Pukka' one for a RHD vehicle !
Defender110 wrote:They only fit diesel models, I'll buy it off you for mine to save you getting stuck with it :?: :wink: :D :D
Kevan, PM 'abbott' as I can't recall any postings by Chris with a F/S for the one he mentioned in the same linked up thread ?
abbott wrote:Ive got the armrest box sitting in the garage, mines got a black leatherette/vinyl top to it, i think it may have been re-covered in the past, not sure though. I take it these may be a rare find, any one got any idea what they are worth if i might decide to sell it?
Good luck !
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

Take the headphone jacks out and it bolts into there. I can get a pic if you need.
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
greendale65
BXpert

Post by greendale65 »

Hello, A picture would help me as I'm completely lost on this also the hinges are on the left hand side. Alan
Paul296
Over 2k
My Cars: Citroen BX 17 TZD Hurricane
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

greendale65 wrote: A picture would help me . . .

Hi Alan, Hope these might be of some use? I can take some more pics if there's another shot that would be more helpful.
greendale65
BXpert

Post by greendale65 »

Hello again, When I look at my console like your photo I have 2 studs or what ever and ear phone jack in the middle is that the same as yours have you got a photo showing fitting cheers. Alan
Paul296
Over 2k
My Cars: Citroen BX 17 TZD Hurricane
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

I think the jack in the middle is a DIN socket not a headphone jack, and you may just have blanks where the headphone sockets should be? I'll go and take another photo tomorrow.
greendale65
BXpert

Post by greendale65 »

Hello all, Big thanks to you all helping with center arm rest fitting decided to remove the two studs o n the console just undo and leave in there then fix arm rest . also where are the drain pipes from the roof getting a bit wet inside drivers side front sorry if don't make sence I'm new to this. thanks a lot . Alan
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

FYI - You're best off posting in the technical section if you've got issues you want help with.

Sunroof drains are easy on the back, bit trickier on the front, but it's the back that usually block up. Pull the rear lights off, feel behind the panel for a plastic tube, pull it out, open the sunroof, pour some water in the tray, blow through the tube. If it's clear you'll be able to blow through it, but if it's blocked blow really hard until you hear bubbling/gurgling. The second you hear that, stand back, unless you like being sick. :lol:

Once all the shit has gone out, pour more water through until it's just draining clear water both sides. Refit and hey presto!
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
greendale65
BXpert

Post by greendale65 »

Nice one, Will do over weekend . I'm getting there thanks. Alan
greendale65
BXpert

Window rubber trim outside.

Post by greendale65 »

My window rubbers do not run the the full lengh of the door stops about inch short
do these move over time rain getting in door are they easy to replace. cheers Alan
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

They shrink over time. Short term, make sure the drains in the door bottoms are clear, so any water that gets in can get back out again. Not sure about the availability of new seals I'm afraid, but you may find a strip from another car in a scrap yard that can be trimmed to fit.
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
greendale65
BXpert

Post by greendale65 »

Cheers Mike, See if I can get some window rubbers.