Just testing the water here guys:
I'm moving to Guildford on Monday, and my 2nd Meteor, pictured above, needs a new home. I'm toying with the idea of renting a local lock-up to store it in, but don't know if I can afford to in the long term. So I'd like to see if there's any interest in this car for a project (ideal for 16v or diesel conversion).... or for parts
1991 (J) BX16 TGS Meteor, c. 164,000 miles.
* No rent or ticket (MOT expired Aug 05)
* Blown headgasket - it will start and run, but loses oil and coolant quite rapidly. I don't know how bad the damage is because I've never had time to get the head off. Was told it was probably best to install a new engine or put a 19D in it!
* Blocked sunroof drain
* Seized heater control knob. At the moment it's stuck on cold
* Dragging brake issue o/s/f. I originally took the car off the road because of a scraping sound from the wheel under braking. Could be pads down to the metal... bought pads and discs to do the job but then the HG went...
* Leaking rad - I bought a new one to fit, but never got round to it cos HG went...
* Juddering clutch and v. heavy clutch pedal. Unknown whether contaminated/worn clutch or engine mount issue
* Stone chips on bonnet, faded rear spoiler paint - I sanded the spoiler down to do a respray, but never got round to doing it...
* Glovebox hinges broken
* Body in very good nick, no dings, nice shiny paintwork (except bonnet stonechips and rear spoiler). All trim in good condition. Just a couple of rust bubbles in usual places: n/s/f doorshut, top corner of windscreen. Rear door shuts (infront of wheelarch) both good I think!
* Black and red pinstripe interior with three spoke Gti wheel (black badge) - in vgc!
* All electrics work (front e/w and sunroof)... except the digi clock keeps resetting
* No exhaust or LHM leaks. Four good tyres, four goodish spheres, New accumulator fitted Summer 04. New cambelt and rad cap, oil change, gearbox oil, filters etc. Jan 04. Recon front calipers and new front flexis Aug 04.
* Rear radius arms ok - I think!
If anyone's interested, please let me know - I'm open to offers! The car is located in Woking, Surrey, and would obviously need trailering... I'm not going to break the car , so no requests for seats etc. please Ideally I'd keep it and swap the best bits onto Meteor number one, then eventually get it back on the road!! Ho hum...
*EDIT* It's been garaged since the beginning of last year. We have a nice dry garage.
Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Messages: 1 • Page 1 of 1