Faux-alloy trims on a 16RS Pilot

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Faux-alloy trims on a 16RS Pilot

Post by DLM »

If you want alloys but can't afford them, I reckon these trims, the original fitment, look nice. I haven't seen any of them for a very, very long time. Shame about the rest of the ad...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1988CITROEN-BX-16 ... dZViewItem
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

did you have a faue par there jon? 16RD, i assume it wasn't a 1.6 N/A diesel? though it does sound like a interesting project. Take a 1.4 St Tropez and put a 1.5d engine in! Hmmmm my mum has a 1.5d and Matt has a St Tropez, hmmmm
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d

Post by DLM »

So that's why I thought the were an imitation: I'd always assumed the original GTi had alloys......
DLM
Our Trim Guru

Post by DLM »

.....and it turns out there were only two of them! Car was octopussed, and seller was told the engine would have to come out to get it replaced. Someone didn't want to do or quote for the full job, methinks. A case of octopussy-footing?