With much regret...

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

With much regret...

Post by cavmad »

... it looks like I`ll might have to sell my BX. I`m going to take it to the garage this week but if costs are prohibitive I`m very sorry to say it`ll have to go.
It`s a .7 n/a hatchback TGD in white. Must have about 6 months MOT left and taxed until end of August. Mileage is around the 125K mark. Should still have the receipt knocking round for new spheres/re-gassing at Keith Davis (£180). Logbook here in my name with no funny stories. Needs LHM pipe(s) sorting out, by which I mean putting back on where one has come off and diesel needs bleeding since I changed the fuel filter. Cambelt oil and filter in last 7,000 miles. Never used a single drop of water since I`ve had it.
This is an extremely reluctant sale as I`ve been absolutely everywhere in this car including two or three trips to Norfolk, and it`s used every single day on the motorway without problem. Sure it`s not a show winner but the bodywork is suprisingly good and I`ve fitted a plusher interior and a sports wheel. No mechanical issues, gearbox clutch and engine seem fine.I`ll personally warranty that the engine is superb-runs and ticks over beautifully (or at least it did until I changed the fuel filter!). Any inspection what so ever welcomed, feel free to go right through the car. I truly want this to go to someone who`ll put it back on the road, I`ll be gutted if I have to let it go.
First reasonable offer can have it (I don`t want or expect a fortune for it) as the money will go to a replacement car.
ken newbold
Over 2k

Re: With much regret...

Post by ken newbold »

cavmad wrote:... it looks like I`ll might have to sell my BX. I`m going to take it to the garage this week but if costs are prohibitive I`m very sorry to say it`ll have to go.
It`s a .7 n/a hatchback TGD in white. Must have about 6 months MOT left and taxed until end of August. Mileage is around the 125K mark. Should still have the receipt knocking round for new spheres/re-gassing at Keith Davis (£180). Logbook here in my name with no funny stories. Needs LHM pipe(s) sorting out, by which I mean putting back on where one has come off and diesel needs bleeding since I changed the fuel filter. Cambelt oil and filter in last 7,000 miles. Never used a single drop of water since I`ve had it.
This is an extremely reluctant sale as I`ve been absolutely everywhere in this car including two or three trips to Norfolk, and it`s used every single day on the motorway without problem. Sure it`s not a show winner but the bodywork is suprisingly good and I`ve fitted a plusher interior and a sports wheel. No mechanical issues, gearbox clutch and engine seem fine.I`ll personally warranty that the engine is superb-runs and ticks over beautifully (or at least it did until I changed the fuel filter!). Any inspection what so ever welcomed, feel free to go right through the car. I truly want this to go to someone who`ll put it back on the road, I`ll be gutted if I have to let it go.
First reasonable offer can have it (I don`t want or expect a fortune for it) as the money will go to a replacement car.

Hi Cavmad, Sorry to hear about you maybe parting company with your loved one. Where abouts are you based? and what exactly is the problem. I may be able to help. Best wishes Ken
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

Cavmad is in Chester area!

Is the car driving at all? if it is then get it round to mine friday and i'll fix it!If not then i might come over Friday with a boot of tools/parts and get you running again! God knows why it's baffling you as there not too hard to fix, certainly a damn site better engineered than the peugeot counterpart!
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Vanny wrote:Cavmad is in Chester area!

Is the car driving at all? if it is then get it round to mine friday and i'll fix it!If not then i might come over Friday with a boot of tools/parts and get you running again! God knows why it's baffling you as there not too hard to fix, certainly a damn site better engineered than the peugeot counterpart!
Thanks Vanny and thanks Ken. I am indeed in Chester. I don`t think the car will make it off it`s own steam as it won`t run very well now due to the filter swap and I assume it needs bleeding. Also it keeps dumping LHM because of the return pipe coming adrift. The main part of the new pipe I got from the local Citroen dealer is about 4 or 5 inches to short (where it goes from the reservoir to under the sphere on the other side of the engine) but I think I can get round that o.k, it`s just getting to the return pipe(s) under the engine to connect the two small feeder pipes that I cannot access.