(On behalf of a neighbour)...cheap Porsche 944!

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

(On behalf of a neighbour)...cheap Porsche 944!

Post by cavmad »

On behalf of a neighbour with no internet access: 1983 Porsche 944 2.5 manual. Guards red (most popular colour!). Only had two owners from new. V5 shows 3 but first owner originally bought it as a company car for his own firm then put log book in his name when he sold the company. Only done 99k with service history booked stamped and had belt at 92k. Done very little mileage over the last few years. Has the original Motorola car phone still fitted from 1983 , not working now but a lovely collector`s piece non-the-less! Nice set of alloys, elcetric windows, mirrors and aerial. Fairly recent Momo steering wheel which looks cool. Car starts on the button and is an extremely fast motor with very reasonable insurance, especially if you get a limited mileage collector`s policy. Have some pic`s here which I can post up on request for genuine interested people.
It has failed MOT on welding to the sills and inner rear arch on one side and one tyre is a bit low on tread. Failure sheet has been mislaid since but my neighbour is completely honest and upstanding (former mayor) and I have no reason to doubt what he said about the failure sheet.
This car would be worth £3k-£4k in top condition and with the welding and some minor work would be an extremely good investment. Needs to go asap as he`s moving house hence sale.
£1500 buys you a classic flying machine that will only increase in value.
PM or mail me if you need or want any more information, can arrange viewing no problem.
Vauxhall apologist.
m_2975
BXpert
My Cars: 1989 BX 19TRI Estate
1993 BX GTI
1997 Xantia CT Turbo

Porche

Post by m_2975 »

Never mind the car CAVMAD. You could just buy the house and put your BX's on it!
:lol: :lol: =D> =D> \:D/
My Cars:
'93 BX 19GTi Sedan 5M
'89 BX 19TRI Estate 5M
'89 AX GT(With EFI) 2door 5M
In the Family:
'74 SM IE (Fully Restored) 5M
'90 BX 19TRI122 Sedan 4A
'02 Xantia Exclusive Sedan 4AA
'06 C5 2.2HDi Estate 6A
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

A `proper` house is just a pipe dream for me Michael. Property prices around here border on the insane, so it`s maisonette dwelling for us for quite a while yet I`m afraid.
Besides that i`m now down to a rather poor amount of just 3 BX`s. One estate (daily use), 16V nearly ready (new home sought for it shortly) and the 1.9TD which is finally going in for an MOT this week though expected to fail on a number of items.
A recent clearout has seen the selling of quite a few cars by me and when the 16V goes I`ll have a free garage at last.

Anyone want a 16V?
Vauxhall apologist.