Bx clearout

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
zebedee150
Confirmed BX'er

Bx clearout

Post by zebedee150 »

Due to an impending move to Devon, my hoard of Bx's and bits will have to go!

Have a complete late TZD Turbo engine and box removed when car was written off (thanks son). There is also a 1.7 turbo D engine minus the fuel pump, plus a spare td head. New td clutch kit in a box, new water pump, octopus harness, rear curly brake pipes etc, etc. There is a fuel pump and matching injectors to suit a n/a 1.9 diesel, rebuilt at great expense by my mate at Lucas, he took so long to get round to I had already sold the car!

Don't have any panels, subframes seats or doors but have a number of front struts, wheel hubs, discs, calipers and hydraulic parts. Location is B28 0Tl so if anyone is heading down to Citroen meet in Stratford this weekend, they could call and collect any bits on route. Looking for beer money prices rather than scrap stuff!

Also have my white K plate TZD estate to sell. Has about 11 months mot but is currently sorned. My friend also has a a red h plate gti 4 x 4 which needs to go, plus red g plate two wheel drive gti. Both need bits of tlc but neither of us has time!

Unfortunately all three are in his barn and he is away at the Automechanika Trade Show in Frankfurt this week. Superb timing!

Let me know what bits you are looking for!!! Regards Jeff
Bx'less after 12 years
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Any more info about your white TZD estate? I might be interested if it's a good one... (It has to be a runner as I haven't got my garage yet!)
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
zebedee150
Confirmed BX'er

Post by zebedee150 »

Registered August 1992 on a 'K' plate. It has been mine since April 2003, complete with new windscreen, and been all over the place! I think it has about 180k on it, not as fast as my old TZD but does not use oil either. (leaks a bit)
Has been my 'spare' car since October last year when I was travelling to Weston super Mare and fancied a bit more metal round me! Enter the Zantia.
BX has towbar, roofbars and apart from a couple local rust spots is quite straight. The abs works as and when it feels like it, I had hoped Roy would break the 2 wheel drive gti, so I could rob a couple of wheel sensors off it!! Needs new bearings in the rear arms ( have the kits) and the clutch is getting heavy ( have clutch kit). Also needs bottom rear engine mounting fitting ( have new one in spare ally casting)

Had to weld the top door hinge and rear of the nearside sill for the mot, its had new battery, spheres and rad in the past couple of years, plus I did the cam belt when I got it.

Hows that sound? Regards Jeff
Bx'less after 12 years
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Thanks for the info. I will be looking for something with lower mileage. Having said that, the car sounds interesting for someone who might have more mechanical and extensive DIY skills than me, so honestly I do wish you best of luck - I'm sure you'll find a taker :D
Last edited by Philip Chidlow on Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Post by Jaba »

Do you have any of the following for my Turbo Diesel......

Rear hub(s) + ABS
Lucas/RotoDiesel injection pump
Gearbox

If so then I will have them. I cannot come and collect before October 6th though as I am away from home at the moment.
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
zebedee150
Confirmed BX'er

Post by zebedee150 »

Hi Jaba,

Don't think I have any of the rear hubs with the teeth rings. The only Cav pump and gearbox I have are with the complete engine. It is as lifted out of the car and would like to sell it as a unit.
Bx'less after 12 years
zebedee150
Confirmed BX'er

Post by zebedee150 »

The clock is ticking, so if anyone wants any bits pm me ASAP. If not I shall have to weigh the lot in!!!
Bx'less after 12 years
sleepy0905
1K Away

Post by sleepy0905 »

PM Sent
2017 Seat Leon ST FR 2.0 150Bhp
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Post by Jaba »

PM sent today.
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.