1989 BX DTR Turbo for sale soon.

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

1989 BX DTR Turbo for sale soon.

Post by DavidRutherford »

Possibly to be up for sale very shortly, a lesser-spotted BX model: A BX DTR Turbo.

A car I've had for about 5 months now, and I've hardly driven as it's been "on loan" to a couple of friends. Unfortunately I don't fit in a BX with factory sunroof, so there's little point in me keeping it.

Car is a White 1989 BX DTR Turbo (1769cc TD) which was the fore-runner of the 17 TZD turbo in 1990. Has about 120k miles on it. Octopus last year, Cambelt/water pump when I got it. Spheres are all good. Front struts creak just a tiny bit (not bad at all, and the LHM lube trick should fix it) Engine sounds as smooth as it should. Drives very positively. Good tyres, Fitted Towbar. Rear arm bearings look fine.

Interior is similar to later TZD type. Black. Exterior looks a tad tatty. Bumpers have scratches and scuffs, and the sunroof has at some point been gaffer-taped up (drain holes now cleared and fine) Does not have electric mirrors or front foglamps. I haven't found any rust on the car, but will have a proper look as soon as I have the time.

MOT is just about up (beginning of November) and Taxed until end of December. I will re-MOT it as needs be. I will put some photo's up as soon as I take some.

I'm not desperate to sell it, but I'd rather it was being used by someone who can appreciate it. Just testing the water at the moment to see if anyone is particularly interested.

Will be looking for something like £150 in current condition, or nearer the £350 mark with new MOT.

Delivery anywhere is no problem. (cost of fuel and a cuppa....)
this might be a signature