BX 16TRS 35,000 MILES

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
BCXM
BXpert

BX 16TRS 35,000 MILES

Post by BCXM »

I've been using a BX 16TRS AUTO which has a genuine 35,000 miles and 1 Previous owner. The interior and exterior are in excellent condition. I've replaced the front height corrector and the rear spheres as well as adjusting the carb. The underside of the car and engine bay are superb. Tyres are excellent and the exhaust is nearly new. A wonderful low miler.
A long shot here but I just thought i'd put an add here for any interest. I will be putting it in Loot this weekend.

The car has 6 months Tax and 12 months MOT
all electic windows work as does the original stereo sunroof (which has a wind deflector). She is finished in silver and has the lovely TZD wheel trims and smoked rear lights though I can fit the orginals back.

offers around £450..Part exchange welcome.
1989 Volvo 740 GLE Estate
2003 Peugeot 307 Estate
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Would love too but no space, try and make sure it goes to ag ood home matey.
BCXM
BXpert

Post by BCXM »

I know for a fact it will sell locally as people are screaming out for smallish autos as some people only have auto licences and choice is scarce..However it would be criminal for it to be run into the ground and get a host of dents and scratches. The car smells like new!!!!
Low mile auto aren't uncommon. My first car was a MK I Renault 5 auto with 18,000 miles the second a Renault 5 Monaco (full leather and alloys) with 35,000 miles. I wanted cars that weren't thrashed and when I was young I had a fear about clutches going...The best small auto I had was the 205 1.9i Aztec which outspecced even the GTi 1.9 as it had full leather..

I digress...I've sold many Citroens to people who weren't club members but who cared for them just as much though...
Last edited by BCXM on Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2003 Peugeot 307 Estate
M

Post by M »

BCXM wrote:I wanted cars that weren't thrashed and when I was young I had a fear about clutches going...
You obviously never encountered the Rover 200/400 Series slushomatic then.
Total pants and went through torque convertors like a knife through hot butter.
BCXM
BXpert

Post by BCXM »

I had a brief love affair with Rovers..I've had 3 P6's and one 2600 SD1. But the 200 series is not one of my favourites. I hate getting them in part ex....
2003 Peugeot 307 Estate
M

Post by M »

The SD1 with Borg & Warner is a joy to bury the loud pedal into the shag pile on, however the Hondover 200 Series are without doubt the spawn of satan. Autos are nice to drive when they work - sadly my last one frequently didnt.
BCXM
BXpert

Post by BCXM »

There was no shag pile to bury any pedal into on my 2600 just a roughed up carpet and lots of rust :)
Lovely car though...
I sold it to an enthusiast who had 26 or so SD1's stored in a barn in Lincoln. Every SD1 that came up on ebay he went for. His young daughter drove it back apparently she loved them as well...
2003 Peugeot 307 Estate
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Cant fault them for that, autos SD1s are nicebut the manual 5 speeder is far better on performance and gives you a extra 5mpg easily!
BCXM
BXpert

Post by BCXM »

2003 Peugeot 307 Estate
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Lovely and a bargain!, Dont have £250 spare or I would be very tempted!