BX 1.9TXD estate for sale-cheap!

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

BX 1.9TXD estate for sale-cheap!

Post by cavmad »

Right-oh, due to a change in circumstances here my BX 1.9TXD estate is for sale. MOT`d for about 5 or 6 months (I`ll find out exactly when and post up on this thread), tax expired but could tax at cost if wanted.
It`s been a fantastic car and we`ve been everywhere in it including some quite long journeys (inc. 700+mile holidays) and the engine is quite possibly the quietest and sweetest diesel you`re ever likely to find.
Aftermarket sunroof, working stereo, new caliper for last MOT and its starts on the button.
It`s got a problem currently which is believed to be the fuel pump: it`ll start and run but doesn`t like accelerating too well. It`ll get up to about 65-70mph eventually and I`m relatively confident it`ll make it back to wherever you live.
Not immaculate but will do someone a very good turn. Definately too good to scrap, spend a couple of hours fitting another fuel pump and you`ve got a very cheap and reliable/economical runabout.
It`s one of the last on an `L` registration, I`ve owned it a few months now and previously it was maintained by Ken I believe and as such it seems very well looked after mechanically. Probably due a cambelt change soon and a brand new one is supplied with the car (though not fitted).
Needs to go asap, price is based on slightly less than it`s current scrap/parts value plus the cambelt.
Inspection and test drive welcome, someone please save it I couldn`t bear to weigh it in but may have to.
Offers circa £90 please, it really is excellent value for money.
Vauxhall apologist.
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

Is this the Cav Chav mobile with the alloys and scooby bonnet and morrettes?
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Sure is but it will be sold as a standard car, have plans for alloys/Morettes/vented bonnet :wink:
Vauxhall apologist.
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

You may have just torpedoed its unique selling points. :? :lol:
1991 BX19GTi Auto
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

But they may be available for the right money!
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

For that money cavmad its a cheap car with or witout said optional extras!

Do you want to sell me the clear side repeaters?
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Forgotten about the side repeaters Tim! Incidentally it`s been pointed out that it might not be the fuel pump and possibly something simpler to fix.
It`ll also now come with some very good tyres on steels, 3 excellent Michelins and one nearly new Dunlop.
It`s well worth the asking price and more, I just hope someone comes in for it before the inevitable one way journey to the metal yard.
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Ok kewl, just want the siderepeaters?.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

BUMP! It`s got to go, and it`s got to go soon. All offers considered! New car (literally) on the way.
Vauxhall apologist.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Right-oh, just bought another car (non BX) so the estate has to go. It`ll pain me to do so but it`ll be getting squished next week if no interest. Offers or swaps welcome, don`t really want another car though but would consider pretty much anything if it means this car will be saved.
Vauxhall apologist.
djoptix
BXpert

Post by djoptix »

I checked out how much it would be for me to run this car and keep the 16v for fooling about in. Turns out this would be more expensive to insure than a 16v. How does that work? :? Sorry...
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

djoptix wrote:I checked out how much it would be for me to run this car and keep the 16v for fooling about in. Turns out this would be more expensive to insure than a 16v. How does that work? :? Sorry...
Is that because it is a 2nd car?
What if you insure it as your first and put the 16v on low mileage insurance?
Just a couple of thoughts. :? :wink:
1991 BX19GTi Auto
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

It`s not worth insuring it fully comp, to be honest it might even be best to run it as TPO. If you have a policy where you pay an excess I doubt it`s even worth that as if you claimed it would end up costing you in the long run.
Put an alarm on it and run it third party only and it should be peanuts: it`s a non turbo version which will help and the running costs are so low you`ll hardly ever be in the petrol station!
Vauxhall apologist.
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

cavmad wrote: Put an alarm on it and run it third party only and it should be peanuts:
Some of these claimed cheap insurance companies (ie Tesco) won't insure you unless you have an alarm installed professionally & certified! That really sucks when you consider the cost of this "accessory" :evil:
1991 BX19GTi Auto
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Ah yes, Tesco's Value insurance. What a rip off!

I was searching for insurance for the (now) ex-missus and they were the third most expensive! £750 more than the cheapest qoute.
Every little didn't help that day!!

Cheers
Chris G
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...