BX's going to the crusher

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

The later TZ series cars had very nice velour seats, what model is it, TZD auto non turbo?
BCXM
BXpert

Post by BCXM »

maybe Cavmad...Providing that the diesel auto isn't too far gone i'll be putting the estate up for sale. If its a diesel estate you want this guy has some lovely ones knocking around..Whats your budget??

Tim, Its an E reg and I didn't look at the badges at the back... it can't be a TZ though can it on that plate? They are velour seats with light diagonal stripes. You seem to be the guru when it comes to trim..Which trim levels was leather an option on and what year did they stop it?
cheers mate
1989 Volvo 740 GLE Estate
2003 Peugeot 307 Estate
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Its a 19DTR automatic then mate, i know the interior, its quite hard wearing, grey colour herringbone type, They didnt offer A/C at that time on that model so muct be retro fit AC
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Post by Jaba »

Is the aircon switch a rocker type by the handbrake between the seats ??
If so its an aftermarket installation by Diavia.
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
BCXM
BXpert

Post by BCXM »

It has two small buttons and fits in one of the blankers in between the front seats.
I have now bought the car. The head hasn't gone as I first thought but the there is an autobox fault. I am right in thinking that a petrol 1.9 autobox is the same as the diesel type? If so I'll get cracking on the car in the new year. Now I really should just concentrate on one car. My CX went on ebay I hope the guy isn't a timewaster :!:
2003 Peugeot 307 Estate
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

BCXM wrote: I am right in thinking that a petrol 1.9 autobox is the same as the diesel type?
Er, no! They are phyisically interchangable but the gearing and internals are different.

Fitting a petrol autobox to a diesel would give you a top speed of about 72mph.

Conversley fitting a diesel box to a petrol would make it fly!

Whats the issue with the box fitted??

Cheers
Chris G
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
BCXM
BXpert

Post by BCXM »

Whilst in drive it revs high and low intermitently. I haven't seen this myself just what the owner told me....
2003 Peugeot 307 Estate
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

BXCM - leather was only ever an option on GTi/TZi/16v - and perhaps the TZD (though I wouldn't count on it). Most seem to be the 16v pattern of seat. So far as I know it would have dies out with the last of the 16vs, though it seemed like Citroen emptied the parts bins for final cars.

Hence only the later-style bolstered and 16v seats are likely to turn up in leather. I have a couple of feature lists and trim/colour combination cards which show the handful of combinations which include it as an option.

The one exception I'm aware of was a TGD taken by the owner to a trimmer to have it re-covered at considerable expense. The trimmer did a great job and the "unstressed" seats seem to be a much better bet for keeping their leather without any sign of stitch-hole-tearing. It could still be done if anyone's keen and deep-pocketed enough and provides the trimmer with the seats/covers as pattern pieces (though at a price of thousands, I'll be bound).
"..... a diesel auto....with aircon!!! It has the aircon control mounted where the switches are,opposite the handbrake. I have never seen that before?! "
This is a pattern I've never seen in the metal. Where I've seen it in photos it's been fitted to 16vs. At least one of these systems, removed from a 16v and put on ebay, has been sold on to a forum member. I don't know if they are aftermarket fitment or not. I'd be fairly sure that a 19D auto with aircon would have it as an aftermarket or transplanted fitment.

Does the 19DTR estate -and the one you bought - have the half-way-GTi trim on a less heavily-bolstered seat which comprises grey/black chevron pattern on the middle of the seats, and ribbed velour on the bolsters - and if so, was the interior saveable on the estate, or as scraggy as the others you describe?
Last edited by DLM on Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Back on two wheels and pedal power for the moment.
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

BCXM wrote:Whilst in drive it revs high and low intermitently. I haven't seen this myself just what the owner told me....
Could it just be that it's changing gear and the owner doesn't realise it! :lol:

You may find a flush and fluid change, set the brake band adjustment and maybe the kickdown and it'll be ok.
The colour of the oil will tell you alot.

Hard to diagnose without seeing the car really....

Cheers
Chris G
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »

There are a number of postings on here and /or frenchcarforum by AlanS concerning the problems of using Dexron111 in a Dexron11 transmission. I think the problems with your trandsmission may be similar to the ones he had. Worth a search.

Basically its a flush out which is virtually impossible!

Instructions on Bob Smith's site (workshop manual)

http://www.rwbsmith.plus.com/citroen2
BCXM
BXpert

Post by BCXM »

Thanks for all your help guys..I'll bring the car back to the yard and see whats wrong with it though I doubt i'll be collecting till after christmas as I have an XM turbo engine to take out before hand.

DLM i've PM'd you regarding the seats..
2003 Peugeot 307 Estate
RobC
BXpert
My Cars: 1991 Citroen BX 16v

Post by RobC »

leather trim was only ever available in the Gti style - so even 16vs fitted with leather had Gti seats as opposed to the fancier 16v ones.
1991 Citroen BX 16v