93 TXD Tax & MOT For sale or swapsies for Motorcycle!!!

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
peteh

93 TXD Tax & MOT For sale or swapsies for Motorcycle!!!

Post by peteh »

Hello all. I have a dark Metallic Grey K reg 1.7 TXD, MOT runs until 6.09. 07. Taxed until the end of Feb' 07. This BX has a wonderful running engine, it does not burn oil or do stupid things with coolant, mileage is around 132000. This car is in everyday use and is in pretty good condition. I was considering putting this car on Ebay but thought id see if anybodys interested here. I am not looking for a huge amount of money for it, whats it worth people?? I would consider a Motorcycle, any cc considered. I am finding it difficult to keep two motors on the road, so somebody could find themselves owning a very reasonable TXD. Anybody interested :?: :?:
http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/terror ... pg&.src=ph [/img]
Citroen the thinking mans car, i think im off for a pint while i think about that tricky hydraulic job!!
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Hi, I'm PMing you. 8)
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
peteh

Post by peteh »

This BX is still available, thanks for the interest Phil, i know xmas is close and money's quite tight. This car is priced at £325 it has a very lively engine, it looks tidy for age, i believe there is possibly a little radius arm bearing wear, it passed M.O.T in Sept of this year with no mention of this. There is some minor marks to body, its 13 years old. im open to a little haggling, i might even take a small motorcycle into the deal!! This car is in everyday use, but i cant really justify keeping two cars. I also own a Toyota Townace and have more need to keep this. Any interest, im resisting putting it on Ebay, rather it goes through this site 8)
Citroen the thinking mans car, i think im off for a pint while i think about that tricky hydraulic job!!
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Looks right to me, if noone is interested I will have a bid for it as I know how rare and expensive they are!
jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »

Is this a Turbo-diesel or a plain 1.7?
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Jeremy, could be wrong here but I think the TXD is non-turbo.
Vauxhall apologist.
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Er, they were n/a or turbo Billy. My mate has a TXD Turbo, with chrome badges..... Might steal them!

Cheers
Chris G
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

If its a 17TXD it will be a turbo as they didnt do a 1.7n/a TXD.
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

tim leech wrote:If its a 17TXD it will be a turbo as they didnt do a 1.7n/a TXD.
In fact they didn't do a 1.7 BX full stop. Its a 1.8 :lol:
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
peteh

Post by peteh »

Hi, i can assure any1 who thinks this is not a 1.7 that indeed it is, it is a turbo too :P and most importantly it's still available, so any1 who is interested get in touch, Pete.
peteh

Post by peteh »

On the log book it says 1760 cc and would you believe it if you open the bonnet theres a rather wonderful 1700 turbo diesel engine with an intercooler :P Just for kitch's information they made a non turbo 1700 diesel i know coz i've driven 1 and by god it was slow!!!!!!
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Is there any tax on this txd turbo.
They think it's all over, it is now!
peteh

Post by peteh »

Yes indeed Taxed till the end of Feb' 07 8)
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

peteh wrote:On the log book it says 1760 cc and would you believe it if you open the bonnet theres a rather wonderful 1700 turbo diesel engine with an intercooler :P Just for kitch's information they made a non turbo 1700 diesel i know coz i've driven 1 and by god it was slow!!!!!!
Kitch is aware of this mate. He's just refering to the fact the engine is much closer to being a 1.8 rather than a 1.7. They only badged them as 1.7's cos having a 1.8 and 1.9 would be daft! When Rover used the very same turbo engines in their cars it was badged as a 1.8.

Cheers
Chris G
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
st gilles

Post by st gilles »

Sorry to be the one asking the stupid question here but what spec is the TXD? Has it got A/C? All elec winds, thought I spotted a sunroof....anything else....whats the trim like?