BX TZD for sale

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
goony

BX TZD for sale

Post by goony »

Im selling my BX :(

reg is J44 PET if you want to check it with the RAC reg check, its black 1.7 turbo diesel its done nearly 187,000 miles
but dont let the mileage put you off this car runs GREAT it doesnt loose any oil or water and doesnt smoke, the engine feels very strong and there are no probs with the clutch or gearbox, the body work is good no dents or heavy marks that im aware of although there are cracks on the rear bumper corner drivers side but i think its only the paint but havnt checked really :shock:
the car comes with lots of history its got all or most of the mots and the service book is well stamped the old bloke that owned it also kept notes of all the oil changes HE done inbetween the services!!!!!!! a bit like you dad used to do :wink: when he died about 3 years ago the car was passed to his best friends son who was in his early 40s so it hasnt been thrashed about by a teenage tearaway then i bought it about 6 months ago as i needed a car for work and as i lived in peterborough and worked in farnborough i needed somthing that i could trust and i was very lucky to stumble acrose this for sale so i snapped it up and ive put about 10,000 miles on it in that time so it needs the oil and filter changing :oops:
it sounds to good to be true doesnt it :shock: well now for the bad bits

the steering is a bit heavy I think it needs a new pump, the alternator needs the brushes to be removed and cleaned as they are sticking and need to be tapped every now and then to move them against the armature and it has a slight leak in the hydrolics somwhere as ive had to put 2 litres of lhm in it since i got it.
its mot,ed till march but the tax runs out at the end of jan

NOW I could put it on ebay or in autotrader but I thought id offer it to someone that would really love it rather than someone that just wants a cheap run around so its over to you guys i think £300 is a good price

SO pm me!!!

steve
Last edited by goony on Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Steve, sounds like a decent car. Could I respectfully suggest you take your telephone number off the listing (in case some apmming t*sspot picks it up) and ask that people pm you? (E-mails are just as bad, if not worse, for spammers by the way). Also if you post some pictures up it might help sell it.

(I used to live in Frimley many, many years ago by the way!)
Vauxhall apologist.
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Estate or Hatch :?:
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

Its a hatch IIRC. I (think) I saw it advertised a while back, but it had gone by the time I'd rung.
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
tom
Citroen Sorceror
My Cars: 2003- Passe-Partout 1.9 TGD estate
2005 Grolliffe Tizzydee turbo estate and sundry other BXs and Grace, a CX TRD.
2008 to 2023 - all sorts of stuff, some interesting
2024. TxD 1.9D estate. 'Wheelybin'

Post by tom »

Hi, Goony, could you please confirm whether it is a 1.9 or a turbodiesel because it could be either but not both.
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Done a bit of snooping around :oops:

It's a BX17 TZD Turbo diesel. :D engine size 1769cc
goony

Post by goony »

it is the 1.7td i will try and get some pics at the weekend
unfortunately its dark by the time i get home :(
i will no doubt need help to post them though :oops:

goony
goony

Post by goony »

ive just checked with a private reg company you know cherished numbers and all that and J22 PET would cost you £650 so id assume that j44 pet will be worth the same so i may sell the reg seperately???

goony
wannab-x
Confirmed BX'er

Post by wannab-x »

Good luck with the reg sale! Unless you can find a company to buy it off you (which will make you much less money), you'll need to have the car MOTd in order to take the plate off (about £105) & put onto a retention certificate, and then just wait until someone comes along & decides they want to buy your plate, at which point the reg plate company will buy it off you & sell it to them. You're not likely to see £650 if that's what the plate would sell for.

I have F666JOD on a car at the moment, which is worth between £300 & £500 if it sells, but the car's failed its MOT & no-one's been in touch about the reg in the last year or so - it's a slow business.... :?
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

It`s an excrutiatingly slow business. I off-loaded one to a registration company quite a while ago now and 3 or more years later they were still trying to sell it.
You could put it on eBay but you`ll get next to nowt for it and you`ve the hassle of transeferring it afterwards I`m afraid.
Vauxhall apologist.
st gilles

Post by st gilles »

As above, its a buyers market and the fact is its only worth what someone else wants to pay for it. Its not exactly the most pressing of items to 'must have' is it? If you like the reg then why not keep it for another car as above or just transfer to your new car ...at least it will be 'your' number plate and easy to remember....still need to have the car moted though and then all you'll have to find is the 80 quid for the transfer to your new vehicle or on retention.
goony

Post by goony »

still for sale

goony
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Re: BX TZD for sale

Post by Philip Chidlow »

goony wrote:the steering is a bit heavy I think it needs a new pump, the alternator needs the brushes to be removed and cleaned as they are sticking and need to be tapped every now and then to move them against the armature and it has a slight leak in the hydrolics somwhere as ive had to put 2 litres of lhm in it since i got it.
its mot,ed till march but the tax runs out at the end of jan
Hi Steve. I think there might be some reluctance because the faults you list aren't necessarily quick, easy or cheap fixes - especially those of us who don't DIY the more complicated stuff. Steering issue is a worry as is the LHM leak - 2 litres is a fair loss - I bet it leaves its mark when parked up...

I think it might generate more interest if you didn't set a price of £300 and just invited offers (you can always say no!)... and also offered some more clues as to where the leak might be coming from.

Good luck - and I hope you don't take this as anything other than friendly advice
:D
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v