BX TDR EST BLUE FAIR NICK G REG

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

What you talkin `bout Willis? :lol:

Ken, does club XM have a very drunken scouse member who leaves abusive messages on your mobile phone?
It`s just that a certain LIGHTWEIGHT SCOUSER appears not to be able to drink like a man and has left the pub early so he can abuse me by phone. I`ll mention no names but it starts with a `V` and ends in `anny` :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back OT (it`s my new years resolution by the way!): OP what website are the pictures on please?
Vauxhall apologist.
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

I had this scouse member ring me when Liverpool won the European cup :lol:
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
WHIZZYWES
Confirmed BX'er

Post by WHIZZYWES »

cap locks off the car was and is running it been on the road till it failed its test in may last year i give the car a run up the road and back just to keep her ok it failed the test on the back arms and rusty sphers there newhis one on the front i did them its got a leak on the return pipe on the right front strut i did not know you can get a new pipe i thought it would mean a new strut any way it needs lmh now , the pic is on tinypic .com iam in lancashire my mate swap my good tires for some runners seeing it failed the test i owed him a favor send me your email then i can send more pics if it helps .
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

:evil: Oh, that`ll be the year they cheated the mighty Chelsea in the semi final then? :evil:
Game on again tomorrow at `sunny` Anfield and I`ll either be in hiding at work on Monday if the result goes against us or going to the canteen in my Chelsea shirt to wind the hundreds of plastic scousers up :lol:

OT again: Any sign of the pictures Mr Fizzily?
Vauxhall apologist.
WHIZZYWES
Confirmed BX'er

citeron bx dtr estate

Post by WHIZZYWES »

cap locks off the car was and is running it been on the road till it failed its test in may last year i give the car a run up the road and back just to keep her ok it failed the test on the back arms and rusty sphers there newhis one on the front i did them its got a leak on the return pipe on the right front strut i did not know you can get a new pipe i thought it would mean a new strut any way it needs lmh now , the pic is on tinypic .com iam in lancashire my mate swap my good tires for some runners seeing it failed the test i owed him a favor send me your email then i can send more pics if it helps .
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Whizzey, I think you`ll have to post a link to the pictures. If you go onto the web page that they are on, right click the url (web site address), click `copy` and then reply to this topic with a brief message and paste the URL onto it we should be able to see them.
Vauxhall apologist.
WHIZZYWES
Confirmed BX'er

Post by WHIZZYWES »

i am not that good on a commy send me your email and i 'll send them to ya
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

My My My there is a lot of shouting going on here.

Anyway.... the pictures may well be on tinypic.com, but without a link, it would be like looking for a tiny tiny piece of hay in a giant stack of needles.

Back to the car.

I have to say, you will be very lucky to get 3 figures for it. Last year I bought a DTR turbo with 6 months MOT and 3 months tax on it, for £60. Granted, it needed a little bit of a clean-up, and the sunroof drain tubes were blocked, but it's just gone through another MOT with nothing more than an advisory about a tiny hole in the exhaust.

It would probably have sold for more on eBay, but the owner had been trying to sell it for 2 months, and wanted rid of it. Makes £150 for a "no-mot, no-tax and needs work" car seem rather expensive.

My best advice would be to put it on eBay, with a starting price of its scrap value. You might get your £150 that way..... although that said, looking at what's been on there recently, I'd be surprised. Stranger things have happened.
this might be a signature
WHIZZYWES
Confirmed BX'er

Post by WHIZZYWES »

thanks for your advice the cars ok if i was able to repair it she would still be on the road but the wife got herself another est car so i need the room , but i mite put her on ebay thanks
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

For the benefit of those people who haven't recieved WHIZZYWES's email, here are the (significantly smaller than sent) images of the car:

Has to be said.... the green slime on the car makes it look a little bit dead to me. Give it a clean, pump the tyres up and dry out the interior (that's a lot of condensation on the inside of the screen) and it might be worth £100 in it's current state.

But as it sits there... scrap value. (not trying to be harsh or rude, that's just how it is I'm afraid.)
this might be a signature
Kitch
Over 2k

Post by Kitch »

DTR Turbo estate in Olympic blue.....rare car.

Be a shame if someone can't save it. Currently I agree, its worth the sqaure root of f*** all. But with some time and cleaning it might be worth £100 to someone (it would be me if I had the time!)

WHIZZYWES
Confirmed BX'er

Post by WHIZZYWES »

thanks for the help putting photos on yes she needs a wash and brush up i have one chap coming to see her at weekend all elec windows work c/locking heaters works ok and she dont need a oil change as she's only done about 1500 mile since it was done thanks again for your help
Kitch
Over 2k

Post by Kitch »

WHIZZYWES wrote:thanks for the help putting photos on yes she needs a wash and brush up i have one chap coming to see her at weekend all elec windows work c/locking heaters works ok and she dont need a oil change as she's only done about 1500 mile since it was done thanks again for your help
I think it probably does need an oil change....just think how much moisture has condensed in that breather system in the time its been sat up!

WHIZZYWES
Confirmed BX'er

Post by WHIZZYWES »

she was started up two weeks ago and run up the road for about a mile then back on the drive and ran for say 30 mins to charge the batt up as i had to jump start her
Kitch
Over 2k

Post by Kitch »

Well good luck with the sale. Gotta say even in its current state I like it...thats my ideal BX estate.
However I'm already using a BX estate :lol:

Cheers