Caravans - better update!

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Caravans - better update!

Post by Vanny »

My current weekend job see's me disposing of 18 caravans (found two mor ethis weekend) some of which are totally destroyed and some are good runners! You might be in the market for a van or just for spares for yourself or a friend or even wanting an interior for a van conversion? Well hopefully i can sort you out!

More Images
There are currently 11 caravans logged with the following details;
  • 1 - 'doughnuts' van - ready to die, stripped interior and most windows replaced with wood!
  • 2 - Sprite 400 - Intact, dry and no rot - however the door has been ripped off (oops) - has awning)
  • 3 - 'Shag Wagon' - very old, would guess mid 70's van, is dry but has been damp at some point, very period interior, suspect tow hitch (though solid frame) was used regulalry onsite until 6 months ago.
  • 4 - Ci Europa - OK condition, no damp, using as our rest room but is the biggest good condition van out of the lot
  • 5 - Sprite - badly faded paint but good dry condition inside, very small low weight van and ideal for towing behind a BX :D
  • 6 - 'Hot Dog' van - just collapsed in the wind the other week :D
  • 7 - Very old and HUGE van (hope it's never been towed over 10mph in its life) totally wooden interior and already onto the camp site in the sky! NEXT VAN TO BE 'FLATTENED'
  • 8 - Monza 1400s - currently being used as a store, but in okay condition inside. The front o/s window has been smashed for a long time so may be damp inside!
  • 9 - Cosalt Abbeyyork - has been sat outside with a smashed front window for possibly 5 years so surprisingly okay inside until i went at it with a crow bar!
  • 10 - Explorer - door's come off this one too! Oven has gone, does have an awning and some other bits though
  • 11 - Elddis - found this under a 12" high bramble patch, think it might be dead this is also on the list to be immediately destroyed!
There are a few more vans on there way too!

Theres a whole manner of parts/spares taken from these vans including water containers, steps, 2 ring hobs, ovens, 12v microwaves, chemical toilets, curtains, gas cylinders and on and on

Complete vans are available (negotiable price) but i would suggest that only vans 8, 5, 4 and 2 are in any sort of habitable condition, that said they have all been towed and reversed into the positions they are currently in so the hitches work!

anything your interested in let me know!

I'll attempt to get a better inventory of what steps/water containers/awnings/toilets are avialable in the near future!
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Is it just me that finds the concepts of chemical toilets amusing???

Ok, yeah, I've been on the beer again!

Cheers
Chris G
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
M

Post by M »

Have you come accross any water tanks / bottles and any steps?
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit
My Cars: Cars

Post by BX Bandit »

docchevron1472 wrote:Is it just me that finds the concepts of chemical toilets amusing???

Cheers
Chris G
Yeap! I find them 'orible...esp the sess pits they have at glastonbury...I have never seen a poo fall so far...but i suppose that meant limited splashback :shock:
1990 BX 16V Platinum Grey
1990 BX TGD White
1960 Morris Minor Clarondon Grey
1971 Triumph 2000 Auto Valencia Blue
M

Post by M »

BX Bandit wrote:
docchevron1472 wrote:Is it just me that finds the concepts of chemical toilets amusing???
Cheers
Chris G
Yeap! I find them 'orible...esp the sess pits they have at glastonbury...I have never seen a poo fall so far...but i suppose that meant limited splashback :shock:
Yar great sissy - propper camping is digging a hole in the ground and crapping into that. Met my wife whilst we were both camping (I took the Ventures, she had the Brownes) The air bed never stood a chance.....

:twisted:
artic-steel

Post by artic-steel »

Any news on what tractors you've got?, even if their not for sale i'd be intrested to know
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit

Post by BX Bandit »

Marty wrote:
BX Bandit wrote:
Cheers
Chris G
Yar great sissy - propper camping is digging a hole in the ground and crapping into that. Met my wife whilst we were both camping (I took the Ventures, she had the Brownes) The air bed never stood a chance.....

I read your post as....

Yar great sissy - propper camping is digging a hole in the ground and crapping into that. Met my wife whilst we were both CRAPPING .......... :shock: ....Lucky I mis-read!!!

I see your point Marty, but there is still something 'unhealthy' about watching your turd freefall into a sesspit of other turds et al and getting all mixed up....almost feels like you can catch summit....BUT, that was in contrast to one of those port-a-loos on a hot sunny day where the previous occupant had sh@t nowhere near the 'hole' but rather close to the shelf holding the flush handle....(shudder).....the sess pit was (just) the lesser of the two evils owing to:

1) Turd proximity vs drop + splashback
2) Immediate enclosed nautious stench vs 3 day old excrament & pi$$ mixture with warm 'ventilation'

So....a simple hole would do mate, even if I had to feline...dig it, drop it, disguise it....

Odd way to meet the missus tho.... :shock:
1990 BX TGD White
Vanny
Merseyside resident
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

artic-steel wrote:Any news on what tractors you've got?, even if their not for sale i'd be intrested to know
4 fords (3000, 3030, 3400, 6600) and a massey that has been in the family since brand new!

My version of camping allows for not so much food and lots of beer meaning that usually a sit down toilet isn't required much, oh and i tend to bother with campsites which have facilities!
artic-steel

Post by artic-steel »

First dibs on the 3000 please,they are nice tractors, not to familar with the others, i suspect the 3400 is an industrial version, what MF is it?, i reckon a 135 or 165, if so out of my price range they go for silly money
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

BX Bandit wrote:
Marty wrote:
BX Bandit wrote: Yeap! I find them 'orible...esp the sess pits they have at glastonbury...I have never seen a poo fall so far...but i suppose that meant limited splashback :shock:

I read your post as....

Yar great sissy - propper camping is digging a hole in the ground and crapping into that. Met my wife whilst we were both CRAPPING .......... :shock: ....Lucky I mis-read!!!

I see your point Marty, but there is still something 'unhealthy' about watching your turd freefall into a sesspit of other turds et al and getting all mixed up....almost feels like you can catch summit....BUT, that was in contrast to one of those port-a-loos on a hot sunny day where the previous occupant had sh@t nowhere near the 'hole' but rather close to the shelf holding the flush handle....(shudder).....the sess pit was (just) the lesser of the two evils owing to:

1) Turd proximity vs drop + splashback
2) Immediate enclosed nautious stench vs 3 day old excrament & pi$$ mixture with warm 'ventilation'

So....a simple hole would do mate, even if I had to feline...dig it, drop it, disguise it....

Odd way to meet the missus tho.... :shock:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is THE FUNNIEST THING I'VE EVER READ! I'm actually crying!

Cheers
Chris G
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit

Post by BX Bandit »

:wink:
1990 BX TGD White
Vanny
Merseyside resident
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

As it's a 1 in 100 chance of this site letting me log in, and no sign of any solution, i simply can't sell anything on this forum as it ends up with people getting messed about!

I am now listing all items for sale on the BX Project Forum (www.bxproject.co.uk/forum), if you are interested in van parts i suggest you go have a look over there!
simonbx17
BXpert

pm sent

Post by simonbx17 »

pm sent :?:
Current.
00' Fraud Mondeo 2.0 ghia x......i know couldn't resist a bargain.
99' Peugeot 306 1.4 lx. nicely spec'd.
-----------------------------------------------------------
93' xm 2.1 turbo D saloon 203.000mls has been sold to "citroenxm".
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

If anyone wants to get hold of Vanny pm me your telephone number and I`ll give him a bell and ask him to call you back if that helps.
Vauxhall apologist.
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

When I first saw this thread title all I thought of was Top Gear and "Hmmmmm how can we destroy some caravans?"

Then I looked out the window... saw the towbar on my BX and thought "hmmmmmm cheap holidays...."

I must be getting old.