16V P2 Rear Bumper and petrol Flap

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Barnsley BXer
1K Away

Post by Barnsley BXer »

I've still got the silver GTi rear bumper that would put him on until he got a new one
1990 GTI 4x4
1992 TZD
Dear Drooper............................
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Re: 16V P2 Rear Bumper and petrol Flap

Post by docchevron »

tim leech wrote: Image
Ok, assuming you find a second hand bumper, or go for a new one (which BTW is VERY cheap, when they were available from Cit's they wanted £600 each), and get a fuel flap, it's still gona need a 1/4 panel and some repair on the wheel spat.
Assuming the 1/4 panel and spat get filled and sprayed then would it not be cheaper and easier to get the bodyshop to repair the bumper?? Anyone thats good with GRP could repair that easily enough, and I suspect it would cost less than buying another bumper...? and eitherway, unless you find a mint venetian red P2 bumper, they will both have to be sprayed regardless??

Cheers
Chris G
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Doc the bumper is busted, its damaged underneath aswell and is hanging off, the quater will be reapired as it would be far too expensive to fit a new one if your paying someone to do it, The wheerach spat actualy is ok, I got some G3 on it and all the marks came off.
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

Interesting how the spat survived okish and yet the 1/4 panel looks rather beaten up.. 1/4 panels are easy to change though mate, it's only spot welded and bonded..

Fair shout though, I still reckon that bumpers fixable, my mates repaired worse than that to a really good standard for the price of a few beers..

If a new bumper is forth coming, dont bin the old one, I'll have it!

Cheers
Chris G

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Ok mate will keep u posted, Im in the owners hands as of what to do, I would get the new bumper and get the rest repaired.
artic-steel

Post by artic-steel »

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CITREON-BX16V-BX- ... dZViewItem

I know it's a pug rat but should do the job
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

Er, can that car not be saved if anyone has a spare engine? i guess it would make a good diesel transplant if no one has a 16v lump lying about?
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

Bloody sacralige, that looks like a nice car...

I'll send the tw%t a question and see if he'll sell the car complete (minus engine and stuff)..

Cheers
Chris G

artic-steel

Post by artic-steel »

back on ebay, i'm dying to tell him he'd get more intrest if he learnt to spell
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

The guys a complete gimp. I asked him if he could supply the sideskirts from it (just for a laugh) as it would have saved me a days worth of work on mine.
He said "yeah £50 send the money on paypal and I'll post em next day." So, because I pride myself on not being a TOTAL retard (usually) I said he needed to get the skirts off and I'll collect (so I could see em for myself)
Heard nothing after that....I contacted him and all I got was "sorry it broke." (I knew it would, but it was worth a go)

If an alien came down from outer space, and asked me to give them an example of a tosspot, I'd send them in his direction.
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Bumper and petrol flap received ok this end.