LHD headlights anyone?

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
paulwitchard
BXpert

LHD headlights anyone?

Post by paulwitchard »

Have found a suitable car through the club website so now looking for a pair of LHD headlights to fit if anyone has got a pair gathering dust that they would like to turn into cash.

Paul
Paul in Normandy - BX 1992 Millesme 1.9D, 1999 Peugeot 806 2.1 TD (the Bus) - gone bang on the M25, in a scrapyard somewhere in the SE of England, 1985 Visa Decouvrable, 1990 Land Rover 110TD (Great Uncle Bulgaria),1999 Isuzu Trooper, 1991 Hymer motorhome with Peugeot J5TD power, and a shedfull of mopeds!
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit
My Cars: Cars

Post by BX Bandit »

Get down the scrappies! I bought a set from Holland cos I lived there for 12 months but I gave them to the Master Chef of the club..aka Doc
1990 BX 16V Platinum Grey
1990 BX TGD White
1960 Morris Minor Clarondon Grey
1971 Triumph 2000 Auto Valencia Blue
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

BX Bandit wrote: the Master Chef of the club..aka Doc
K?

The only thing I cook is the engine in the TD with alarming regularity! :lol:

Cheers
Chris G
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
st gilles

Post by st gilles »

Paul, when I got my car through the CT in France I got my local 'Toutes Marques' garage to get them and fit them for me.....worked out at around £30 incl labour. There are literally hundreds of scrap BX's out there all with most parts to fit. You might find that they'll pass it without the mod as my mate out there had his Leyland Sherpa van passed with the tape deflectors on it......'but only for this first year m'sieur ok?'
Mike.
paulwitchard
BXpert

Post by paulwitchard »

I asked in case someone had some that they thought they would never get rid of! - and we're a bit busy at the moment and its easier to get the post lady to bring them than trawl through the local scrappies.
Our local CT man seems quite fussy about headlights - he failed my Relay van because I had not got them on - the local factors had sent lights for a Jumpy rather than a Jumper, and also failed the wife's Renault 4 because the headlights were rusty despite the fact that there were 2 holes in the chassis near the rear suspension mountings that you could put your fist through!
Paul in Normandy - BX 1992 Millesme 1.9D, 1999 Peugeot 806 2.1 TD (the Bus) - gone bang on the M25, in a scrapyard somewhere in the SE of England, 1985 Visa Decouvrable, 1990 Land Rover 110TD (Great Uncle Bulgaria),1999 Isuzu Trooper, 1991 Hymer motorhome with Peugeot J5TD power, and a shedfull of mopeds!