BX 19RD Diesel Automatic for sale 11 months MOT 5 months tax

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
BCXM
BXpert

BX 19RD Diesel Automatic for sale 11 months MOT 5 months tax

Post by BCXM »

As i'm bidding on Phil's GTi and with a raft of part ex's hanging about to drive I don't need my diesel auto at present, as i'm in a nice comfy XM prestige at the moment thank you.

She was a family owned car till 2006 when I bought her as a stopgap. I then sold it on to a chap in Farnborough and Mr Salter (of G fame) in turn bought it of him. The last two owners put no more than a couple of hundred miles on it. She has full service history a top and bottom engine and autobox overhaul at 99,000 and 100,000 miles respectivley (now covered 129,000) (nearly £2000 spent). There is a wedge of paperwork so one can see what jobs have been done as opposed to useless stamps in a service book. There are most of the old MOT's.

The car mechanicaly is very sound though the bodywork isn't great. The red paintwork is bright but the bumpers have faded and the the 2nd owner dented the wing and drivers door. The door hinge is also rusted but that doesn't affect the opening and closing of the door. The interior is o.k though..The fabric on the seats is'nt torn and with a hoover will look presentable. There is no stereo but I can find one for it and the plastic around the wing mirror adjuster inside the car is broken. all electric windows work. heater works no broken knobs and clock/ speedo work.

tyres are good engine and box are good with clean autobox fluid and good spheres allround. Steering coupling has been done but needs two droplink arms, easy to do and I can include the parts in the price.

This car could easily be made good with the bumpers painted and the wing and door changed or used as is. The car has needed some welding and there are a few scabs here and there but all can be easily rectified..the money is in the engine and box which have both been done.

All in all would make a good workhorse and can be used and improved lots of tax MOT and towbar.

I'll take the hit and ask for £250 for it with the tax so someone can get their money's worth straight away.

oh yeah sold with the original hubcaps :roll:

many thanks
1989 Volvo 740 GLE Estate
2003 Peugeot 307 Estate
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Post by Ian_Fearn »

This is rather tempting as this engine and box would go a treat in our BX....

I'm guessing i'll get slaughtered for saying that :? :shock:
Over and out from me
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Not really, Ian. Sounds like a possibility. Use the best bits of two BXs to make one fairly unique one... an interesting project methinks.
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Or make life easy for yourself and tidy up the 19RD and sell the GTi auto.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

If anyone wants a reference for the honesty and integrity of Leroy I`m happy to do so. The automatic I currently have (we did a deal with my Xant) is far better than he suggested and Leroy has been nothing but excellent in the whole deal. Heartily recommended to all.
Vauxhall apologist.
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Post by Ian_Fearn »

Leroy, have you got any pictures of this car?

Brighton is a bloody long way from Derby.
Over and out from me
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

stuart_hedges wrote:Image
:lol:
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

MINE!

It looked great... in the dark. :roll:

Swapped for Sally - we're going to actually do the swap on Friday. Thanks BCXM - I'm very happy with this deal, and I hope you get as much pleasure from the GS as I have!
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Excellent!
BCXM
BXpert

Post by BCXM »

Thanks Stuart..

Can't wait to get those jobs done on the G and use her it's been over a year since my last one and I really miss that engine note and ride..

after Friday i'll be down to one BX...
2003 Peugeot 307 Estate
BCXM
BXpert

Post by BCXM »

Managed to bring the faded red bumpers up really well with a chemical soloution and I must say it looks a different car now...This is the second red BX I have had which suffered from faded bumpers so i'm happy I can pass on the car looking a little more respectable.

I only have one BX left a 16TRS F reg which I've managed to make nice again. It needed a set of bumpers, glovebox steering wheel (those grey early MkII'S always seem to go scummy) and a service. She already has 10 months MOT. Mangaed to sort the carb out too.
2003 Peugeot 307 Estate