ignition switch wanted, quite urgent?

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Andy G
Confirmed BX'er

ignition switch wanted, quite urgent?

Post by Andy G »

the ignition switch on my newly aquired GTi has failed, in that the key end has broken from the key and there's no way I can retrieve it. So does anyone have a decent one I could buy?
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Post by Ian_Fearn »

Try these people if you want a new one £37.92.

http://www.aepdirect.com/citroen-part.aspx
Over and out from me
Andy G
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Andy G »

thanks, I've ordered one and it should be here in a few days, looks quite straight forward to fit.

Thought I'd go new on the basis if I got a used one I may end up in a similar situation a few months down the line.
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Post by Ian_Fearn »

Fairly simple to fit,

Remove the steering wheel and column shroud.

Then remove a tiny little bolt in the side of the ignition barrel. Withdraw the barrel and detach wiring which goes under the dash towards the centre console.

Nice easy clean job!
Over and out from me
Andy G
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Andy G »

in the haynes it says you have to turn the key between position A & C to allow the spring release to be pushed in & that will allow the barrel to be removed. Mine won't move but I am ever hopeful it will be an easy job. Should be here tomorrow so thursday eve I'll be working in the rain no doubt!
Andy G
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Andy G »

well retrieved broken part of key, but still cannot get the spare to go into the barrel. Lots of wiggling and oil still no joy. Oh well there's always tomorrow!