Whats it worth???

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
joolie
BXpert

Whats it worth???

Post by joolie »

I'm looking for another TZD;

my other BX, I %%¤ed up the cylinderhead, and finding a cylinder head in Sweden is . . . well I suppose its like finding a decent pint o beer in Sweden, %&7ing impossible.

So I found this ad:

http://www.blocket.se/vi/11314804.htm?ca=11_s

6000 SEK is about £461 (I paid £430 for my last one in UK)

211000 on 't clock

Everything is OK a small scratch here and there, good interior, engine is fine BUT there is a leak at one of the spheres, I don't know which, and its needing topping up with Fluid.

Apparently the leak is where the shere connects, NOT in the pipes, but I don't know for sure.

What could it be? old rubber seals? could it be a split connector? what work does it need? new shperes? new lines?

Considering I have another BX in storage for parts. . .

Whats it worth?
'91 BX MkII 1769cc Turbo TZD Break

running on RME/SVO

IF it aInt BrOKe dON't trY 'n FIx iT.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Looks reasonable. I like the bumber additions on the front (standard in Sweden? - In which case can you get me a pair? :D ).

The leak will cost to fix, but my guess is that the parts won't be either expensive or hard to find. As long as everything else is OK and the interior's in good order, I'd say - offer £375 and be prepared to go to £400?
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Wouldnt it be cheaper to get another cylinder head from the UK and get it shipped over? They do share the same head with a few other cars in the PSA range.

Im sure theres guys in here that have one they could sell you?

Depends on what the rest of the car is like, if its just the cylinder head thats broken an dthe rest of the car is fine I would fix up the one you have.
joolie
BXpert

Post by joolie »

yep, getting a cylinder head shipped is a good idea, but Ive been waiting 9 months for someone from the forum to send one, and its still not happening!

So I thought id find another, Ill give it one more try with the forum though.

There are a few minor problems with the one I have now, mainly asthetic, 1 damaged door, I twisted panel, and the fiberglass boot is cracked. . . and its a RH drive in a LH country so import and insurance is more costly. . .

what to do . . .
'91 BX MkII 1769cc Turbo TZD Break

running on RME/SVO

IF it aInt BrOKe dON't trY 'n FIx iT.