WTD... Passenger side foglight surround...

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
PiLsY.
BXpert

WTD... Passenger side foglight surround...

Post by PiLsY. »

I have the light (unknown condition though) but no surround to mount it to the bumper with. Does anyone have a spare somewhere for swaps/beer/donation?

Cheers!

Matt.
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

I MIGHT have one, although i'm gona be away from the yard for a while, so wont be able to look for a good week or so, and even then I cant be certain I'll find any, but if I do and you get no joy in the meantime, I'll send you one up.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
PiLsY.
BXpert

Post by PiLsY. »

Cheers - appreciated mate :). Got 4 foglights and 3 surrounds between 2 cars at the moment. That'll be fun at MOT time in a couple of weeks :D.

Matt.
artic-steel

Post by artic-steel »

I've got one & even more suprisingly i know where it is, unsure if it's a N/S or O/S though, are they the same?
PiLsY.
BXpert

Post by PiLsY. »

Yep both the same as far as I know. Ill try swapping it to the other side tomorrow and let you know :).

Is it an MOT fail if the driving lamps don't work by the way? Rear fogs work obviously, and on a separate switch. Just from experience if its on the car its got to work, if it isn't there in the first place its fine?

Matt.
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

NO! They are handed. So a O/S unit will not fit the N/S.

Er, yeah, if they are fitted, they must work, but if you remove them, they cant be tested, therefore cannot fail!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

I've seen cars get through MoT with non-functioning front fogs.
PiLsY.
BXpert

Post by PiLsY. »

Must've randomly picked the right side to stick the surround in then :). It looked like it would fit on either side to me anyway #-o .

So if I remove the driving lamps, leave 2 big holes in the bumper and the driving lamp switch is still fitted on the dash it won't fail? I'm chasing electrical gremlins at the moment - I don't think the light is faulty itself, just the wiring on the way. If I disconnect the blower motor and the single fitted driving lamp then the engine stops, if they're both connected I can pull out the key and it'll keep running. Also only seem to have 2 relays on the relay bar under the bonnet instead of the usual 5? The whole bloody thing needs re-wiring - lol.

So to sum up...if anyone has a passenger side foglight surround it'd be appreciated :).

Matt.
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

wow, interesting electrical gremlins there!

If I find one mate, it's yours.

I've presented cars for MOT before with defective fog's and they've passed, other times they haven't, I think it comes down to what mood the testers in, but according to the testers handbook, if it's fitted, it must work.

However, if they are removed, they cannot test them, regardless of whether it has a switch fitted, it will pass.

As for the relays, sorry I'm a bit slow on the up-take here, is your car a diesel? If so two relays is not uncommon..

DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

I have to say, I've never had an MOT tester even test front foglamps. I thought they didn't even fall into the "must work if fitted" category.

Like reversing lamps. No need for them to work, even if they're fitted.
this might be a signature
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Post by Ian_Fearn »

I got an advisory for a non functioning fog lamp, i was surprised.
Over and out from me
PiLsY.
BXpert

Post by PiLsY. »

Yeah its a TZD doc. However, I took the relay mount and relays off the scrapper Billy left here (also a TZD, only 6 months older than mine) and it has all 5?

Looks like I'll take them off if I can't get the lamps working. I've got 2 known working on the GTI to test with to confirm if its electrics or the lamps themselves.

At least I'm never bored at the weekends with 2 of the bloody things to keep working! :D

Thanks for the offers guys, let me know if you manage to dig one up.

Matt.