window runner wanted

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Andy G
Confirmed BX'er

window runner wanted

Post by Andy G »

The part the window in the door sits on, mine has rusted apparently therefore the broken drivers window (that was smashed by some thieving git) can't be refitted. Anyone have a good one at all? Or know where in Cambs I can find another? Would a main dealer stock these at all?

Thanks

AG
Andy G
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Andy G »

please ignore the above, I have found one! Local dealer has one in stock, £9.95 + vat and I'll collect it tonight!
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

A citroen delaer actually has a part in stock for a BX! Wheres that flying pig! :lol:
Andy G
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Andy G »

I know! I was expecting a few days wait....
Still nice to have a new piece rather than replace with an old piece I suppose.
st gilles

Post by st gilles »

Had to do this to mine a few years ago. Mine being a left hooker it was the window on SWMBO's side that fell into the door.....rainy day and all that, I can tell you she wasn't best pleased. I had the same thought ' where am I going to get one of these? I phoned my local agent (broads of watford) and they had it in stock.....Citroen must have realised that this was a problem as they've made the new ones from alloy. Fitting it was a leap of faith (involved banging glass on the edge with a rubber hammer and lots of Vaseline)....ooer missus :oops: :oops: but got there in the end.
Mike.
Andy G
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Andy G »

OK part no is 0 95633346 the only thing is it doesn't come with the channel rubber the wndow sits it, but hopefully managed to salvage the old one.
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Best of luck Andy with this.

It's a job I tackled some time ago on the silver car that I sold on here. Bugger of a job.

Tip. Find something to push into the gap in the aluminium where the glass sits, to open it up, or you'll break the glass for sure.