Digit For Free. *Thread resurrected again. Page 7 this time

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
PhilGreaves
BXpert
My Cars: CCC X**tia Columnist!! forgive me for I was led astray..

1984 Citroen BX 16TRS restored and now with fully functional power steering..!
1994 Citroen Xantia 1.9 TD SX (Jan 1994, no airbags but antisink fitted)

Post by PhilGreaves »

Go on Richard- its just what Yorkshire needs; two mk 1 bxs on the road (in time for 2012??).

I hate to be an @rsehole and side track things but....

I need a very small mk 1 part and (being a yorkshire man :wink: ) i hate waste so if its going to be scrapped/weighed in anyway or a two cars into one thing then maybe this part will be left over??

Im pretty sure ive secured the mk 1 door rubber from graham but he/i cant seem to find the mark 1 rubber/rubing strip for the nearside front wing. Honestly dont know where to get it from.

If theres one spare from this little project can i have it? (will trade mk 1 bx parcel shelf, full set of mk 2 'chrome' rubbing strips or cash :lol: ). I am of course presuming that both cars have a complete set of rubber attatched and thus there could be one spare...

On topic i hope the digit gets saved (last in uk??), in any case something with a dashboard that cool deserves to be saved.

Thanks (good luck richard)
Phil
regards
Phil & Earl

1984 Citroen BX 16 TRS mk 1 "Earl" restored sept 2011 and now with fully functional power steering..!

CCC X**tia Columnist!! forgive me for I was led astray..
1994 Citroen Xantia 1.9 TD SX (Jan 1994, no airbags but anti-sink fitted)
richardd1652
1K Away

Post by richardd1652 »

Evening Phil, i havnt heard anything back from David yet regarding the Digit but ive got a pair of mk1 wings in the garage. Let me look in daylight to see if there complete with rubbing strips. Just confirm its n/s/f wing rubbing strip?
Richard.
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

I'm keeping some rather odd hours at the moment, but I will be in contact properly as soon as I can.
this might be a signature
richardd1652
1K Away

Post by richardd1652 »

Afternoon Phil. Yes ive got a n/s wing rubbing strip.(mk1)
Richard.
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

If the arrangement all goes belly up, I could probably pull a few strings and take on the Digit :)

In the meantime....nice one :D
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
mnde
Meteor Man
My Cars: 2007 Citroen Xsara Picasso 1.6 16V VTX
1982 Citroen GSA Spécial Estate - gone to a new home
1991 Citroen BX16 TGS Meteor - still out there somewhere!

Post by mnde »

DavidRutherford wrote:....I am now looking to have to move house, so the Digit is either going to have to be found some storage, or needs to be moved on, be it either as a project, or all the Digit-specific bits being salvaged and the rest weighed in.

... and there's no alternative this time. I've lost all my free driveway storage, and am having to clear out a lot.

Suggestions welcome.
David, I'd be very grateful if we could sort something out re. moving the GSA CMatic (LPC) from Nyland. Chris Salter is asking about it all the time... I still have the upper suspension arm for it to get it mobile. Plus you still have two restored GSA wheels of mine - just trying to lessen your mountain of "stuff". I know you're madly busy - please get in contact when you're able.

Cheers,

Mark.
richardd1652
1K Away

Post by richardd1652 »

Has anybody got a phone number for David Rutherford? Its all gone stagnent again and i would really like to find out whats happening?
Richard.
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

right. Time is now of the essence on this subject, as I have barely a few weeks left. If the digit isn't wanted here, I will take it on a transporter to the CCC national (assuming I haven't missed it already) and the best offer by the end of the show will take it away.

This is one of the few things I won't see scrapped, but I just can't keep it any more.

Phone no. For me is available by PM.

David.
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Actually, scratch that. To get a trailer availabe and trailer the car to the national is going to cost well over £120 and about 8 hrs driving, and given the move I'm involved in, I doubt I can chuck that much cash and time at someone else's project.

Collection from SP8 5 or delivery at cost.
richardd1652
1K Away

Post by richardd1652 »

3x Pm,s to david but no reply?
Richard.