Olympic Blue BX14 TGE for sale !PRICE CUT!

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
norsened
Confirmed BX'er

Olympic Blue BX14 TGE for sale !PRICE CUT!

Post by norsened »

I have for sale a G reg. Olympic Blue (that nice metallic light blue colour) BX14 TGE complete with TZD interior and spoty steering wheel.

The good bits:

New rear arm bearings last year, new spheres all round, new coil, plugs, leads, distributor/rotor arm, oil filter/oil.
Runs very well indeed, nippier than you think, equal to most on the motorway and capable of cruising long distances fast whilst returning a most impressive 45/50 MPG though this drops condsiderably around town.
The GTI wheel makes life a little easier parking as the car has no power steering ( one less thing to worry about) and there is no sunroof to cause any leaks.
There are rear headrests as well, useful should you find yourself ferrying around the gentry.
There are no groans from the struts and it rises and falls quickly and smoothly.
Just turned 64K on the clock with stamped history up to 33k and 2 previous owners.
Euro plates.
Blinging C2/4 furio trims

Bad bits

Unsolved mystery rattle at certain revs, could be heat shields or baffles but I can't tell but I lean towards the baffles.
Passenger front window is slow on the way down but fine on the way up. I've had the trim off and it works fine and is well greased it's just stubborn when the trim is on.
There is a slight LHM leak at the front. I think it might be a strut return pipe as one has perished.
There is a crack i the rear bumper which appeared in the night. Slightly annoying as other than that the car is dent/scratch free but it does give the car a sort of Elvis snarl when viewed from the back.
There is slight damage to one of the rear seat pads. Not torn but it looks like it had something spilt on it that burnt the fabric.
Euro plates
Blinging C2/4 Furio trims

£300 o.n.o. please

This car is well cared for and the only reason I'm selling is I've now got Tim's old Athena and unlike some here I can't keep a fleet of cars, much as I'd like to. I'd lioke it to go to a club member as It's too nice to be wrecked by someone who doesn't care about the car of the future 1984.
If no-one takes it then I'll be forced to stick it on e-bay and risk it being bought by some pugger wanting to stick a 205 GTI engine in it and use it to cruise in style :wink:

Pictures to follow hopefully.

Ben

pm me for further details

Having conceded defeat on ebay I have dropped the price to £200, please find this car a home it looks so sad sitting unused... any takers?
Last edited by norsened on Thu May 31, 2007 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
norsened
Confirmed BX'er

Post by norsened »

Forgot to mention MOT until June Tax until December.
mnde
Meteor Man
My Cars: 2007 Citroen Xsara Picasso 1.6 16V VTX
1982 Citroen GSA Spécial Estate - gone to a new home
1991 Citroen BX16 TGS Meteor - still out there somewhere!

Post by mnde »

Here are some pics of Ben's car that I took in Teddington last Monday. I can vouch that this is a very nice, smooth driving BX :)

I would have had it myself if time/funds/other projects allowed!

It would be a shame to see this car up on the 'Bay :(

Regards,

Mark.
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

HOW TIDY?! :shock:

Thats lovely mate, and what a colour for it! Personally I rate the 1.4 TU's higher than the 16's, but there ya go.

That rattle will be that silver heat shield you can just about see in the engine bay pic. Its just behind the rad....the shield rusts around the 10mm bolts that hold it in. Rip the thing off and direct a cold air feed in from outside. The rattle will go and the car will run alot better.

Good luck with the sale.
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK »

What a beautiful car!!! : :shock:

It is indeed a credit to you, Sir! I would be happy to buy her off you, but I've no room for another car, and the wife would definitely kill me!!!

Good luck finding her a nice new owner to continue looking after her! :wink:

Dave
Kitch
Over 2k

Post by Kitch »

I've just noticed the level of thought that's gone into this car......its had a GTi interior fitted, yes? Note the front doorcards.....the plastic trim panel that fixes to the card and houses the speaker etc....on a GTi it would be black, but here the grey one from the original interior has been retained and refitted to the new doorcard, so that the dash doesn't clash (oh dear :roll: ) with the doorcards.

If that level of detail has gone into it, we can only assume the whole car is genuinely a good 'un. Anyone hovering quietly pondering needs to bite the bullet and snap this up! :lol:

MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

love the colour, now only if i could work out how to swap the body shell with my TZD then mine would be perfect.....:D
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Not much to make a beauty. sort the bumper and maybe a few cosmetics and it's a real head-turner. Gotta be worth a go for someone here!!!
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

It's an absolute beaut, but the only thing that could take my affection from HVF would be a Mk 1!

Good luck with the sale Ben - are you sure the Athena's a better car? Either way, you've got a BX so I hope you'll stick around on the forums.
norsened
Confirmed BX'er

Post by norsened »

Many thanks for all the kind words. This car is very well cared for and if it wasn't for the lack of power steering then I'd still be driving it instead of the Athena.

The door cards were altered to fit with the colour of the dash Kitch, I wanted the dashboard to rap around the car and not just stop sharply against the black of the GTI speaker covers.

Any takers?

The Athena needs some work and I need the funds.
Kitch
Over 2k

Post by Kitch »

*cough*selltheathena*cough*

BCXM
BXpert

Post by BCXM »

You could retro-fit power steering??? I've had it done on a Mk I RD..Thats a lovely car and the fuel economy + tax break with commendable performance make the 14 (especially with the spec you have) an excellent car...
1989 Volvo 740 GLE Estate
2003 Peugeot 307 Estate
Kitch
Over 2k

Post by Kitch »

The 14's don't really need PAS to be honest, they're not exactly heavy.

norsened
Confirmed BX'er

Post by norsened »

You're right the 14's don't need power steering. On the open road it is light enough and yet heavy enough not to cause problems, more modern PAS systems are weighted to achieve a similar effect, or so I am told but as the Athena is the only car I've ever owned with PAS I can't really comment.
Having PAS is a great boon for me as I live in SW London where parking is tight at best and the 14 though not heavy to steer can be heavy to park if you have to manouvre it fully loaded into a space only just big enough for it.

So to cut a long story short the 14 is going to make way for the 16 even though it has smoother suspension and lower Tax. My wife prefers the Athena and it has a sunroof (which is good as the heater is stuck on hot!)

All I hope is that the 14 goes to someone who will treat it right.

Take the offer now before you change my mind.
norsened
Confirmed BX'er

Post by norsened »

Now up on the bay if you're interested.