Last chance for some MK1 parts.

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Last chance for some MK1 parts.

Post by DavidRutherford »

Tomorrow (well, technically today, as it's half-past one in the morning) I will be scrapping the red MK1 17RD I have in the way here. I'll be pulling off any obvious MK1 bits that ought to be kept (dashboard mainly) but the rest is going to be binned, as it's just blatently in the way.

Anyone need anything from it? If so, let me know sooner rather than later.

Before anyone says "ooh! it's a MK1.. save it, save it!" the answer is no. It's rotten.... REALLY rotten. Wouldn't be worth it if it were the last MK1 on the planet.
this might be a signature
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Is the bumper any good for the DIGIT??
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

David, if it's got two wing mirrors I'll have those, plus any of the binnacle that's spare ( rear wiper switch particularly) the top panel that sits above the dash if it's got its clips intact. Right hand grill over the top speaker. Gear knob ( same as Mk.2 probably but I've got a crappy Ford one that fouls on reverse). You probably want front indicators, side ones ( if fitted) and rear light lenses for the Digit but if not.. . Alternator, ( are these interchangeable as there were many different types used?) diesel pump if Bosch, HP pump. Bumpers front and rear. Bonnet. Can't collect til July time when I next come back to UK. Will have a think about other smallish items.. is it an estate or saloon? If it's too much work all these bits in your current leisured status, just what's convenient
Cheers!
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

Typical isn't it.
Wingmirrors: One gone, one busted.
Binnacle switches : mostly needed for the Digit.
Top panel: broken
Right hand grille: missing
Gearknob: Horrid (and yes, same as MK2)
Alternator: not sure it's working.
Injection pump: Lucas
HP pump: destined for a CX
Bumpers: Rear gone, front knackered.
Bonnet: dubious.

Sorry!
Last edited by DavidRutherford on Thu May 03, 2007 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
this might be a signature
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

David, thanks very much anyway! Looking forward to seeing the re-born Digit.. soon :)
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read