87 19 RD Estate for spares (Now available)

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
RichardW
BXpert

87 19 RD Estate for spares (Now available)

Post by RichardW »

EDIT: BX is now abandoned at my parents. Has developed an LHM leak (return side) again. Guess it will be off the scrappers soon unless someone wants it

Guys,

Looks like my sister is going to give up with her BX, and take over my Dad's Xantia (he is buying a C4....). This BX is best described as rough, don't know if anyone might be interested in it for spares - otherwise it will get weighed in. Probably available some time in the next couple of months, and probably at Barrow in Furness (South Lakes). MOT'd till August I think.

It's a 1987 19 RD Estate in Silver. Not sure of the exact mileage, but I think it's <100k - and I know this is genuine! This car originated at Les Barr in Barrow in Furness as a demonstrator, then my Grandad bought it when it was about 6 months old (he was involved with the garage). He kept it till he died in 2000, and my sister than started using it. I believe the body is sound - it's never been welded AFAIK, but I think one of the drivers door hinges is now falling off, and the boot lid is deffo wonky. It's got dents and scrapes around the car, and the trim is falling off. There's a big crack in the bottom of the screen, but it MOT'd last summer like that. The engine is pretty good - certainly no smoke or oil burning - the 'box (BE1) is OK too . It's had various repairs over time, inc new rad and clutch, mostly new front / rear pipework -although I don't think it's ever had a rear arm bearing :shock: My Grandad used to spread the used engine oil under the car after the service, so that may have helped to stop it rusting (or not....!). I imagine the cost will be the tax remaining on it!

Any interest :?:
I NEED a BX TD.
RichardW
BXpert

Post by RichardW »

Bump.

Editing the post doesn't make it come to top.... :lol:
I NEED a BX TD.