Dashboard Light holders???

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Cornishbx16v
BXpert

Dashboard Light holders???

Post by Cornishbx16v »

Hey guys,
have been out today fighting with the lights on the dash pod, Now i have some super bright patches of light and some not so good ones!
One thing i did notice though is that there are many spare holes on the panel that had no bulbs in them, I was woundering if anyone had any spare bulb holders??? if so could you drop me an email ( timmymagic@orange.net ) or pm to sort out a fee????
Many thanks!
Timmo.

After all I AM CORNISH!!!!

www.bx16v.com
www.bx16v.co.uk/forum
www.bx16valve.co.uk
roscoe
BXpert

Post by roscoe »

You don't want to put lights in those blank holes as they are intended for the different models of dash boards with different instrument layouts. Chances are you'll either bugger up the electricals for a working gauge, or the light will be blanked off by the front panel anyway. If you take your instrument panel apart (carefully) you'll see that the white plastice main panel has lots of passages moled into it that go from all the lampholders to the front side of the dash. There some of them show up as the small warning lamps for the low fuel, oil, temp warning lights, etc. but in panels that have different instrument combineations, these would be blocked by the solid nstrument fronts. Sorry for the long winded explanation, but i've had my spare panel totally dissasembled to see how it 'worked' and that's how they are set up.
cheers,
Roscoe
1991 TZD
2004 Peugeot 307
1990 Mitsubishi Express Van - Alpaca Transporter
Cornishbx16v
BXpert

Post by Cornishbx16v »

Thanks for that! i had thought about it after and also after chatting with another fellow owner decided best not fill in the blanks as such, although, i did manage to break a couple of the holders when replacingthe bulbs and a couple are loose fits! but i think i have it covered now thanks to Mat!
Timmo.

After all I AM CORNISH!!!!

www.bx16v.com
www.bx16v.co.uk/forum
www.bx16valve.co.uk
sleepy0905
1K Away

Post by sleepy0905 »

yep you have I have put some in the post for you. :D :D
2017 Seat Leon ST FR 2.0 150Bhp