BX bits wanted to reward the old girl plus running update

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
RKM
Confirmed BX'er

BX bits wanted to reward the old girl plus running update

Post by RKM »

I hope some members will look down in pity of my impecunious nature in return of an update!!

I have been considering “updating” my BX to a more modern car as I have owned it for 4-5 years now, piling almost 70,000 on the clock, brining the total mileage to 140,000. However, it shot through its last MoT requiring absolutely bugger all and has given me no recent grief whatsoever, other than the normal routine servicing every 5k and my normal philosphy of replacing components before they break.

In view of this, I think I should hold onto the beast for a bit longer and throw some TLC at it. I try to keep my cars looking in tidy condition and this car is no exception.

I need to find:

1. A new TD radiator: the existing one is OK but the fins are knackered, although the flow is OK (coolant is replaced every 2 yrs)

2. Bottom radiator hose (for peace of mind)

3. A nearside (the short one) driveshaft. New or recon. Mine is growling at speed!

4. Centre bumper section on the tailgate. Mine melted after I raised the tailgate onto a lightbulb in the garage..whoops! I need a TZD one which is half red on its bottom half and half grey on the top half. Does anyone have one?

5. TZD hubcaps: some of mine are looking a bit tatty

May need other bits later on so will pop requests on here. Does anyone have these bits or know where I can get them?

Other jobs I will do to treat the old bus will be:

remove front wings, pressure wash underbody and wax-preserve. (inner wings are getting slight surface rust on inside – I found this after I replaced the offside wing last year thanks to a careless parker.

Fit new twin electrics mounting plate on towbar.

Fit recon alternator (got one!)

Full inside and out clean and valet

[/img]
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

I take it its a estate car mate.
RKM
Confirmed BX'er

Post by RKM »

yeah, it is an estate. Thanks for that about Euro. Bloke on e-bay wanted about 20 quid for that hose, plus postage would take it up to citroen's price, but citroen will have a warrenty on their bits!!