Urgently needed, Bonnet catch!

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Crap, I scrapped a BX recentley and never removed said catch. If I find one though I'll fire it over to you Jon.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

Thats not too bad Jon, I put an engine and box through a windscreen once on a crane...

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

Jon, when I locate the elusive reclusive (hopefully tomorrow) I will try to acquire the catch from his knackered TZD... will let you know mate>
Marty said: "Take some small comfort from the fact that the driver of the other car, having failed the breath test will even now be in a little cell, with luck they will double him up with some mean bastard who will be tattooing a fandango on his arse"

'94 XM 2.1TD Break
'99 Xantia 1.9TD Break (almost there)
'63 Renault Caravelle
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

I managed to clout mine when I took the 16v engine out, but luckily I managed to bend it back into shape :lol:
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

i've got a Xantia one currently fitted to mine (has a slightly shallower profile) and has been there and working for many years, infact its the only thing that has worked reliably since fitted :D
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

docchevron1472 wrote:I put an engine and box through a windscreen once on a crane...
You complete plank! :lol:

Jon... if you still need one I have a spare loose here. Could post it tomorrow. Let me know.
this might be a signature
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Doubley postey mistakey
Last edited by DavidRutherford on Wed May 23, 2007 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

DavidRutherford wrote:
You complete plank! :lol:
It wasn't all bad mate, the car was a scrapper anyway! By the time I'd destroyed the windshield, I'd already gas-axed the front off!! :wink:

Although, yeah, I hadn't actually intended to put the engine through the glass, it just kinda, well, happened, too many beers see! :lol:

DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

docchevron1472 wrote: the car was a scrapper anyway! By the time I'd destroyed the windshield, I'd already gas-axed the front off!!
Ah! slight difference then! I thought you meant you'd put it through the windscreen of a decent car.

When it's a scrapper anyway you do tend to do things differently don't you. I wanted to keep the engine and front suspension of a BX... so just cut it off at the bottom of the A-pillars, and across the floor just in front of the gearstick...
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

DavidRutherford wrote: When it's a scrapper anyway you do tend to do things differently don't you.
Yep, I'm even worse than usual!!! :lol:

Well done Ed!

DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

Saw this somewhat late - if anyone else has need of a catch PM me as the spares box has more than one in it.
Back on two wheels and pedal power for the moment.