1990 Red BX Gti, breaking for spares

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
zebedee150
Confirmed BX'er

1990 Red BX Gti, breaking for spares

Post by zebedee150 »

Breaking a red bx gti, has ABS and an excellent engine with the old style gearbox, reverse up alongside first gear. Car is in South Warwickshire. It has a good set of five Viking 185/60 x14 tyre on steel rims. (non citroen wheel trims though). Interior is the early dark blue flek type and is mint with rear head rests. Front brakes, exhaust centre box u/s. Car has ding on front of nearside wing and light crease down both nearside doors.
I have first claim on the rear arms and instrument pod for my estate and my mate has claimed the front o/s wing and o/s front hub. All the rest is up for grabs to fund putting my friends BX 4 x 4 back on the road. (Which also may be up for sale as he's into strange things like Landrovers etc.)
Bx'less after 12 years
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Hello mate, is the bonnet venetian red? And if so, is it still VERY red, or pink? Oh, and is it long nose or short nose???

Ta!
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
zebedee150
Confirmed BX'er

Bonnet

Post by zebedee150 »

Hi. I thought all Bx's of that age were pink! Lol. Not sure of the paint code, it's the lighter of the two Citroen reds, which seemed to be the later colour. I'ts a short nose with grille, should t-cut back ok.
Bx'less after 12 years
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

You're not wrong mate, although mines kinda gone beyond pink now and is actually white in places! :shock:

I think, although I'm no expert on colours, that Venetian Red was the darker red, I've seen lighter reds around so I'm guessing it's no good for me....Bummer! :cry:

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

As far as I know the ligter orangyer red was only on the earlier Mk2 cars Doc. Worth checking the paint code on the inner wing.
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

Ah, right, so, er, Zebedee, any chance of finding out what the paint code is please??

tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Look at the passenger side suspension turret and there should be a 3 letter code.
zebedee150
Confirmed BX'er

Paint Code

Post by zebedee150 »

Hi, My friend's on a three day delivery run to Scotland, back tomorrow night. I'll get him to have a look as soon as he gets home.
Bx'less after 12 years
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

Thanks mate!

zebedee150
Confirmed BX'er

Paint Code

Post by zebedee150 »

I have been told that the stencil on the n/side inner wing down by the airbox is '2893B1'. Is that likely? I thought Citroen code were usually the letters. Sounds more like an Rp number. Any good to you?
Bx'less after 12 years
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

It should be somthing like "EJX" on the passenger side strut.
zebedee150
Confirmed BX'er

Breaking Red BX GTI

Post by zebedee150 »

Travelled up Warwickshire over the weekend and made a start on pulling the Red Gti to bits. So if anyone wants any parts, speak up now!
As per previous posts, cleaned the inner wing and bingo, the paint code is EJXcS. It also has a set of mint blue velour seats with the checker board inserts and matching door cards. Even the rear head rests are there. It has the one piece folding rear back seat and parcel tray to suit. Probably up there again next weekend, so if anyone wants anything down the M5 corridor let me know.
Bx'less after 12 years