BX for sale (definately this time)

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
adamskibx
BXpert

BX for sale (definately this time)

Post by adamskibx »

BX GT. Come and take it away if you want it. You'll be doing me a favour. Needs front end repairs, oil leak seen to, etc etc. Im getting rid of my cars.
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

If i could fix it i would be up for it, but i cant so thats me out i'm afraid. Someone on here must be up for this?
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

Stuart?

You want a good mk1, its right here.
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Indeed, Stuart, this must have your name all over it!

Easy enough to repair, if not cheap unless you can find panels in the right colour..

Last time I saw this car it looked lovely.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
adamskibx
BXpert

Post by adamskibx »

To be honest, no panels are required that are visable, apart from the bonnet, which in all honesty just has 2 or three little splits in the plastic; nothing too ugly for a car of this age if you think about it. I have a new headlamp crash panel from Tom, new indicator unit from David Rutherford, new headlamp from Tim. The ONLY bit that woukld worry me is the thick metal cross-member behind the bumper. I wont have the strength nor the machinery to pull it out. The wings are unaffected and un-dented, so no worries about serious alignment problems. In all honesty, id take the engine out this car to sort the accident damage and oil leak(s?) all at once. Bumper, amazingly has no cracks.

Edit: Incidentally Doc, when did you see my car?
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Adam, could you post some pic's up please? Thanks,
Vauxhall apologist.
adamskibx
BXpert

Post by adamskibx »

Hi Billy

Will be able to get pics of current condition on here by Wednesday. Ill post them up then all going to plan.
adamskibx
BXpert

Post by adamskibx »

Here are some pictures, mainly of the damage. The rest of the bodywork is great, with no rust. You can see the slight flex of the tip of the wing but as this is just a flat sheet of metal, it will bend back easily (just keep forgeting to try it). Included is a repair section for the headlamp panel (new panel), all lights needed etc. If I were going to do this I'd lift the engine, fix the oil leak, and then place a metal bar and jack between the front subframe and jack the thick bar behind the bumper out to its original position. Id love to do it and it would be very rewarding, but if I had a fleet of SM's and Ferrari's Id probably be thinking the same as I have a fettish for metal in odd rare shapes with wheels attatched , which is why I need to be strict on myself and get rid. But if the new owner could offer me first refusal IF they ever sell, I'd be most greatful. Cheers, Adam BTW; Sorry about the lighting conditions; I left it a bit late in the evening! Also, at the time of posting the images, they were too big. I have resized them in photobucket to 640 * 480 but it seems to be taking a while to update on here..

Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

:(

Poor thing.
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Yeah Poor thing, but relatively easy fix.

It just begs a question that Staurt mentioned when bidding for that MK1 on ebay.

Are these things now getting too rare/precious to use daily? I know when I had my MK1, there was no way I was going to use it daily, when there are other more expendable examples around.

Surely someone who wants a MK1 must take this one on. All parts are still available if you go looking. Then if you need a good quality paint job done very cheaply, I know just the man. Trust me it wouldn't cost much.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

My thoughts Ken, I think it needs fixing and then being stored away soemwhere and used for high days and holidays, a GT must be on the rarest BXs of all and deserves a easy life in its dotage.

We all get gooey eyes over Mk1s cars and bearing in mind the earliest is 20 years old now they need cherishing.

So stuart are you going to snap this car up and find a garage for it, and use your 19RD as a daily drive?
adamskibx
BXpert

Post by adamskibx »

I guess if nobody wantS it ill have to do it myself lol! Thing is if I did that I couldn't then just sell it. I do miss driving this car. In many ways it was far more fun than the CX and twice as fast, but I cant get rid of the CX as its turning out to be reliable and far easier to maintain than I could have imagined. I have fond memories of a camping trip to Scotland in this BX, where the only failure was the speedo cable. The engine in this car is superb but is tainted by the oil leak. It doesn't smoke as its had the valve stem seals done, and it goes like stink.

Also, all four tyres have done less than 3000 miles, and they are not cheap ones either. Come on guys, or am I going to be busy fixing this for the next few weekends.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

What are you asking for it Adam?
adamskibx
BXpert

Post by adamskibx »

Nothing Tim. If I were to fix it and get it through an MOT etc id ask £350 for it, but if someone wants it as it is, its free. Like I said before, it would be nice to know I have first refusal if the new owner ever decided to sell.
Stinkwheel
1K Away

Post by Stinkwheel »

ok, now im tempted :) *MUST* resist 9 cars is enough 9 cars is enough, repeat to fade.
Doctor Of Gonzo Journalism!!!
93 BX TZD Estate
90 BX 14TE St Tropez
93 BX 19 TXD Estate
92 BX 16TXi
77 Ami 8 Break
79 Acadiane
81 Dyane6
84 2CV6
85 GSA saloon rally car
To slightly mis-quote Kitch ... "BX 14. They're just brilliant!"