BX for sale (definately this time)

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Stuart this is a free MK1! But be quick or I will take it myself, not because im greedy but you know me I like to ifx up bxs in need of TLC.
:)
adamskibx
BXpert

Post by adamskibx »

Yeah Stuart, come on lol :D Id be happy for it to go to any of you guys. I know it will be safe from the scrapman. Seriously, I am attatched to this car more than any other, so as long as someone who will look after it or even just store it as it is id be happy, and would love to buy it back if they decided to sell in a few years or more, obviously for market value etc. Its only that I cant afford to store it that I need to get rid for now.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Adam I will do you a deal, if by the national noones piped up to take it I will do and find somewhere for it!
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

Waaah!

I only skim this section of the board - I don't look at any thread unless it says MK1 in the title. Thanks Christ (ren16tx) for calling me and alerting me!

Adamski - pm on its way.
mnde
Meteor Man
My Cars: 2007 Citroen Xsara Picasso 1.6 16V VTX
1982 Citroen GSA Spécial Estate - gone to a new home
1991 Citroen BX16 TGS Meteor - still out there somewhere!

Post by mnde »

stuart_hedges wrote:Thanks Christ (ren16tx) for calling me and alerting me!
Is Chris the [Citroen] Messiah? :lol:

Mark.
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

I can picture him dressed all in white ;)
adamskibx
BXpert

Post by adamskibx »

PM acted upon. I am going to try and sort this car out locally for Stuart so it can be driven back legally. Im confident its going to be looked after and Stuart has promised me first refusal if he ever sells it. OK its going to be kept outside etc, but thats exactly where it is now so it might as well be used and enjoyed. So, next weekend, im going to hire an engine crane, lift the engine out, try and fix the oil leak, fix the damage (apart from the crack on the bonnet), replace all brake pads etc. Then ill book it in for an MOT.
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

Pleasure doing business with you Adam :)

I'm quite unreasonably excited about this :oops:

As I explained to Adam in my PM, the car will live outside and be my only car, but I don't drive every day - only at weekends and normally about 300-600 miles in a month - so it can consider itself semi-retired.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Glad its gone to a good home would still think about trying to find some storage for it though!
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Adam, before you hire a crane give me a pm. I have one (currently on loan to Vanny) which you're more trhan welcome to borrow should you wish.
Vauxhall apologist.
adamskibx
BXpert

Post by adamskibx »

Thanks Billy! Very kind of you. PM on its way.
mnde
Meteor Man

Post by mnde »

tim leech wrote:Glad its gone to a good home would still think about trying to find some storage for it though!
Look Tim :) I understand what you're saying but... Stu has little cash for pampering a BX, MK1 or not. I have a fully restored GSA that I currently use every day and it never gets garaged. T' BX will be his to do with as he wishes :) We southerners pay enough blooming rent as it is without forking out for a garage for our pride and joys as well :lol: Where I'm moving to, all my cars will be parked on the road: 2 GSAs and a BX. We couldn't afford a flat with a garage.

Mark.
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

tha owt ta live upt north then lad :lol:
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

mnde wrote:
tim leech wrote:Glad its gone to a good home would still think about trying to find some storage for it though!
Look Tim :) I understand what you're saying but... Stu has little cash for pampering a BX, MK1 or not. I have a fully restored GSA that I currently use every day and it never gets garaged. T' BX will be his to do with as he wishes :) We southerners pay enough blooming rent as it is without forking out for a garage for our pride and joys as well :lol: Where I'm moving to, all my cars will be parked on the road: 2 GSAs and a BX. We couldn't afford a flat with a garage.

Mark.

What ken says! The further north you get the cheaper it is, in wakefield you can buy a 3 bed semi with a garage for a white fiver!
mnde
Meteor Man

Post by mnde »

Oh I know, I know..... 8) My dad lives in Sheffield and there's some reet cheap houses up there. But so far as I know, the wages in a lot of cases are smaller than in the south anyway. It would have to be a fantastic job to tempt me up there...

At least the BX prices are the same everywhere :D ('cept in France :roll: )

Mark.