(Again) BX TZD estate L reg 19Td blah blah

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

Right lads, I am indeed the lucky man with a penchant for furry creatures (4 kids as proof :lol: ).

I couldn't resist Jon's 10 warranty on workmanship ... but seriously Waldo is a beautiful beast and I am well pleased with my first TZD \:D/

Pictures will be posted when I can remember my username / password etc for photobucket .... it's been a while since I put any pics up :?

Everyone's a winner, I get my TZD and Jon can afford to go on holiday to ponder the meaning of being without a BX....... :wink:
Marty said: "Take some small comfort from the fact that the driver of the other car, having failed the breath test will even now be in a little cell, with luck they will double him up with some mean bastard who will be tattooing a fandango on his arse"

'94 XM 2.1TD Break
'99 Xantia 1.9TD Break (almost there)
'63 Renault Caravelle
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Nice on Ed, quite a bargain that was I reckon. Look forward to the pics mate.
Vauxhall apologist.
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

yeah Billy it really seems to be sorted, jumps up as quick as you like ... everything works like it should!!

Except the front passenger window ... will let swmbo find out at her leisure :shock: , to be sorted in due course.
Marty said: "Take some small comfort from the fact that the driver of the other car, having failed the breath test will even now be in a little cell, with luck they will double him up with some mean bastard who will be tattooing a fandango on his arse"

'94 XM 2.1TD Break
'63 Renault Caravelle
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Sounds great Ed. Passenger front window probably down to the wiring chafing on the driver's door. Easy enough to sort out.
Vauxhall apologist.
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

dunno yet, doesn't react to either side switch at all... maybe in sleep mode!

'94 XM 2.1TD Break
'63 Renault Caravelle
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

bit disappointed that the motor did not come with mandatory bxclub stickers attached, this despite the fact that Jon has so many he tries to use them as legal tender in his local ... shame on you mr Wood!! :wink:

'94 XM 2.1TD Break
'63 Renault Caravelle
M

Post by M »

ed4ferrets wrote:bit disappointed that the motor did not come with mandatory bxclub stickers attached, this despite the fact that Jon has so many he tries to use them as legal tender in his local
Thats because Jon likes his cars to be reliable and knows full well the voodoo effects of placing a sticker in the window of your BX - NEVER place only one , always go for 2, but never more than that.... :twisted:
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

ed4ferrets wrote:dunno yet, doesn't react to either side switch at all... maybe in sleep mode!
Billy's almost certainly on the money mate. Chase the wiring back from the brown plug in the drivers door, almost certain it'll be the centre wire dead. That'll kill both switches..
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

OMG I know something technical :shock: :lol:

If I recall correctly you need to pull the grommit out of the driver's door where the wiring goes through and check for frayed or broken wires. I found one, repaired it and the window worked fine after that. If it stops the power getting to the motor then both switches will not work.
Vauxhall apologist.
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

cavmad wrote:OMG I know something technical :shock: :lol:
You even spelled it right Billy, methinks your title will have to be changed to reflect your new status :lol:

Well today does not seem to be the time to be messing with windows that won't open or shut :shock: .... other than that of Mr Gates which suffers the same problem :wink:

Thanks for the advice!!

'94 XM 2.1TD Break
'63 Renault Caravelle
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

Apologies Jon, should have known you had checked out all the usual lecky window bugs. I think there is a whole mechanism lying around somewhere amongst my menagerie 8)

'94 XM 2.1TD Break
'63 Renault Caravelle
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

Marty wrote:
ed4ferrets wrote:bit disappointed that the motor did not come with mandatory bxclub stickers attached, this despite the fact that Jon has so many he tries to use them as legal tender in his local
Thats because Jon likes his cars to be reliable and knows full well the voodoo effects of placing a sticker in the window of your BX - NEVER place only one , always go for 2, but never more than that.... :twisted:
Shows how observant I am, there's a voodoo sticker as large as life stuck in the back window, sorry Jon :? :oops:

'94 XM 2.1TD Break
'63 Renault Caravelle