TZD engine and box.

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Mike E (uk)
1K Away

gearbox

Post by Mike E (uk) »

In case you are only after the 5th gear cog set, why not remove that bit then Cavmad can weigh the rest of it in?

Mike
mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK »

Hi Mike!
I'm not after the box....Monica's new box is coming from another source! :wink:

The engine is going to be refurbed as a spare!

Mega-work planned for next week (some holiday!). Clutch, replacement box, strut change, Octopus, Timing belt, plus any other little jobs that crop up during the engine-out phase! :shock:

That lot should see Monica right for a good couple of years! :wink:

Good to meet you & the missus on Sunday. Are you going to Stratford?

Oh....was it you that was selling a BX Instrument pod with all the gubbins? I might be in need of one!

cheers
Dave
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

/\

I've got one if Mike hasn't Dave, in fact I've probably got two or three.
Vauxhall apologist.
mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK »

:D :D :D :D :D

Something else for weekend!! :wink:
Mike E (uk)
1K Away

Post by Mike E (uk) »

Hi,

Yes it was me; but if you are going to see Cavmad soon - get his as it is much nearer.

I am not sure exactly when Stratford is, sometime in September usually.

Mike
mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK »

I am not sure exactly when Stratford is, sometime in September usually
31st August to 2nd September, Stratford Racecourse. :wink:
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Post by Jaba »

Its only the gearbox I want so the engine is all yours.
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK »

Jaba wrote:Its only the gearbox I want so the engine is all yours.
Cheers! Collecting this weekend. :D
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Dave and Jaba, if you pm me sometime today I'll reply with my phone number so we can get something sorted out.
Vauxhall apologist.
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

Billy I'm pleased to see these will not be weighed in despite me deciding not to use them for a TD conversion after all!
Marty said: "Take some small comfort from the fact that the driver of the other car, having failed the breath test will even now be in a little cell, with luck they will double him up with some mean bastard who will be tattooing a fandango on his arse"

'94 XM 2.1TD Break
'99 Xantia 1.9TD Break (almost there)
'63 Renault Caravelle
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Weighing them in was going to be the last resort Ed, glad they found a home. Thanks for letting me know you couldn't collect them by the way, apologies for not returning your pm.
Vauxhall apologist.
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

I reckon the pallet approach has a future for large heavy items or anything accross country where mail is not an option, certainly worth looking at in the future, rates seem quite fair!!
Marty said: "Take some small comfort from the fact that the driver of the other car, having failed the breath test will even now be in a little cell, with luck they will double him up with some mean bastard who will be tattooing a fandango on his arse"

'94 XM 2.1TD Break
'99 Xantia 1.9TD Break (almost there)
'63 Renault Caravelle
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Agreed. I once sent some Transit Mk3 bullbars which cost nearly seventy quid by a parcel firm. The guy who does the pallet collection/delivery is a recovery truck operator too who's done some pretty cheap work for me when I couldn't be arsed going in my own.
Vauxhall apologist.
mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK »

The TZD is now sitting in the boot of my TXD, awaiting lifting out! (A job for tomorrow!). It survived the trip from Billys to Blackburn without even shifting an inch, despite running into the aftermath of a flipped-over Landrover and BIG trailer on the M6 just South of Thelwall Viaduct!

Thanks to Billy and Vanny for all the assistance in splitting the box off the engine (pi$$-easy job!) and then hoisting it into the back of Monica (not quite so pi$$-easy job). Vanny had the sense to leave us before we attempted to lift it - clever sod!! :wink:

Good to have a nice day in pleasant company, getting sh1t up to the elbows with a BX!!! :lol:
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

A scouser avoiding work? Surely not! Glad the bits have found a good home Dave. I don't envy you getting the blooming thing back out of your car though!
Vauxhall apologist.