Sorry not a BX...breaking Xantia hatch

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
mat_fenwick

Sorry not a BX...breaking Xantia hatch

Post by mat_fenwick »

I know it's not a BX but I know that some bits are common, plus a few members do run Xantias...

I am breaking a 1995 1.9TD; however the engine is spoken for already! Everything else is available but the gearbox does whine a bit so I wouldn't bother with that. Also the bodywork isn't mint however I do have a new nearside wing that was bought but never fitted.
The radiator was replaced a couple of years back so that may be useful for someone???
You are welcome to come and remove bits yourself (in North Wales) or I can take smaller bits off and put them in the post. Please send me a pm if you are interested.

(I have a vague recollection of reading somewhere that the Xantia calipers will fit a BX; can anyone confirm whether this is true? I've already fitted 16v calipers on mine so no need to change.)
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

What colour and model is it matt.
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

It's a dark blue, slightly metallic. I can probably have a look at the paint code if someone knows where it is? It is an LX model so it has a sunroof, front electric windows and cloth trim.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Has it got a cat on it Mat and if so is it the original one or an aftermarket jobbie? Cheers.
Vauxhall apologist.
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

I'm 99% sure not as it is an early one; everything looks to be non-electronic on the engine, nice n' simple! Will check and let you know but probably not until Wednesday.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Ok Mat, thanks.
Vauxhall apologist.
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Cant say I need or want anything for a Xantia at all.
But I feel the need to recomend you as BXer of the year for breaking a Xantia! Stunning work fella!

:lol:
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

/\

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

docchevron1472 wrote:Cant say I need or want anything for a Xantia at all.
But I feel the need to recomend you as BXer of the year for breaking a Xantia! Stunning work fella!

:lol:

Boo!
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

cavmad wrote:Has it got a cat on it Mat and if so is it the original one or an aftermarket jobbie? Cheers.
Sorry, definately no cat on it. It'll be sitting around for a while until it gets scrapped so if anyone needs bits in the future drop us a line.