Phil's 28k mile white 16TGS auto ON OFFER

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Phil's 28k mile white 16TGS auto ON OFFER

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I must be mad, but I have decided to sell my BX as another project is forming (in my mind only at the moment) and I can't find space to keep more than two (at a pinch) cars...

Take a look:

http://bxclub.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=63937#63937

There are no issues with this car, and anyone who saw it at the National will (hopefully) agree - it is a very tidy example indeed.

Please PM me if interested. I will be putting it up on eBay in the next couple of days, but I would prefer her to go to a good home so there is a 'club discount'...

I am going to be advertising it at £795 buy it now. But will consider any reasonable offers.

Also anyone in the CCC, can you put the word out?

Before anyone asks - I am only going to be ducking out of BX ownership temporarily I hope!

Phil
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Shame.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I know Tim, but rest assured I will not 'offload' it at any price and to anyone - I have decided it's a lovely car and it has to be preserved. Thing is I'm using it as my daily driver, doing lots of short trips in it and it is parked on the road (quiet cul de sac admittedly), and I am about to acquire a ZX TD. That should suffice while I gather resources for the new car... (secret :-$ :D )
Terry
BXpert

Post by Terry »

Phillip, is this the one you wouldn't sell at any price...
Terry
BXpert

Post by Terry »

You should have told me before I bought GRX. Had enough cash in my pocket!!!

Naw!! GRX is just fine for me, really, no complints
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Re: Phil's 28k mile white 16TGS auto ON OFFER

Post by docchevron »

Philip chidlow wrote:I must be mad,
Phil, you're mad!
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Philip chidlow wrote:I know Tim, but rest assured I will not 'offload' it at any price and to anyone - I have decided it's a lovely car and it has to be preserved. Thing is I'm using it as my daily driver, doing lots of short trips in it and it is parked on the road (quiet cul de sac admittedly), and I am about to acquire a ZX TD. That should suffice while I gather resources for the new car... (secret :-$ :D )
Find a nice bit of a storage for her and bring it out for shows and hi-days
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

OK OK OK NO decision has yet been finally made. I will PROBABLY keep her, and use her as a daily driver and sell on the ZX to recoup any expense incurred in getting it through an MOT etc. UNLESS the ZX is really good in which case I might offer the BX up for sale...

But seeing as my wife loves driving the BX auto (as opposed to a ZX manual I guess), the considerable annual fuel savings will not be sufficient reason for selling it.

But if a serious offer is made I still might be tempted.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Gd gd, its your car to do as you want mate, i drove my TXS to work this morning as its finally having the cambelt done, an dthought what a nice way to travel, quiet, effortless and so smoooooth! 8)
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Autos are generally nice to drive but I found the 1.6 a bit harsh to be honest and not as smooth as I would have liked, but that was quite possibly down to the individual car.
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Cant complain myself Billy, mind you I may not have as heavy foot as some :D
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

Cavmad, I find that my battered 16TRS changes gear much better than the 19RD I had from BCXM. It's a smoother and more decisive change.

Different boxes in different models? Or quirks of individual cars?
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Philip chidlow wrote:I will PROBABLY keep her, and use her as a daily driver and sell on the ZX to recoup any expense incurred in getting it through an MOT etc. UNLESS the ZX is really good in which case I might offer the BX up for sale...
Now your thinking like a champion my man!

ZX's are ok, but they will never be a BX. Listen to the good lady wife, for she knows what she talks of!
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Ive just stormed down from near Cambridge, where I picked up the ZX. It is really a very good drive. The TD engine is powerful and responsive and not as noisy as my old BX 1.9 N/A. The gearbox is ace. The PAS is a bit noisy and the brakes are not up to BX standard, but with some fettling and a new MOT/Tax it'll be a good runabout.

Now, what to do with the BX? (I'll check out garage space again...) :wink:
mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK »

Buy a bigger garage Phil....problem solved! :wink: :lol: :D