Phil's 28k mile white 16TGS auto ON OFFER

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I'm hoping to get one for £5 per week. That'll be OK...

Just checked through the pile of paperwork that came with the ZX: It's all main dealer from new, never missed a service and the cambelt was changed 16 months and 12k miles ago. It had new tyres 8k miles ago and so on. No expense spared then...

Just some cosmetics to tidy and get the MOT sorted. Then I could sell it on to cover costs/time... plus enough left over to pay for some extra petrol for the BX! :roll: :D
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Might be alone here but I like the ZX and I bet the 19TD is a belting little mover?
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

ZX is a nice car, sold a few over the years and they were good to drive and the TD did shift.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

It does shift :D :wink: found I was doing 110 mph on a stretch (that my TGS has got up to 70mph by on other occasions), this afternoon. Allegedly. :wink: :D
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

Is this the one you paid absolutely nothing for???

Some people have all the luck... :D
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

cavmad wrote:Might be alone here but I like the ZX and I bet the 19TD is a belting little mover?
I'm not a big fan of the lower speced ZX's, but I like the volcanes. The TD is a spirited drive, but I always liked the 1.9i over any other. The 2.0i was pants.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Weird that, I'd have thought the 2.0 would be quite a quick car, doesn't seem to be much weight in them.
Agreed the Volcane is a fine looking thing though.
Vauxhall apologist.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

mat_fenwick wrote:Is this the one you paid absolutely nothing for???

Some people have all the luck... :D
Yes, but it is going to cost a bit to put a new MOT on it. On the whole though, I'm tempted to keep it.

Trouble is I have to decide what to do about the BX...
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Store the BX and use for the one sunny hour we have per year and keep the ZX for everyday use?
I bet you could get a classic car (low mileage) policy on the BX which should be quite cheap?
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

I pay £150 for the TXS on a low mileage policy, and thats with Owen on aswell whos only 12!
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Having wafted home in the BX this morning (after dropping the ZX off for it's pre MOT check - it's got its MOT booked for Tuesday) I think I'm going to keep it as our everyday car and not worry about putting maybe 6k miles on it per year.

As for the ZX I'll see how much it owes me when it's all MOT'd and taxed and consider offering it up for sale. I'm not so cynical as to be looking for a quick buck, but any 'profit' will be ploughed back into BX ownership...

If, on the other hand it passes and fixing the few minor faults ends up costing not much, I might keep it and do as Tim and Billy suggest, garage it over the winter, and sell the ZX next spring as I dust off the BX :D ...
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Phil you know it makes sense! :D
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

cavmad wrote:Weird that, I'd have thought the 2.0 would be quite a quick car
You'd have thought....but it had one of them pesky cats which just kills them, the 1.9i is non cat and is much freer revving beast.
The gearing is quite tall in the 2.0 aswell which doesn't help..

Phil, you may like the ZX for now, but lets face it, it'll never be a BX, it doesn't go up and down! And wait till the rear beam dies (and it will)....
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

docchevron1472 wrote:
And wait till the rear beam dies (and it will)....[/quote]

What are the signs?

BTW The BX is cool. And it has a certain something.

The ZX isn't.

But it has a certain something too.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

I had a *cough* 2.0i 8v Xantia VSX which I bought when it came in "swop" for about £200 with no MOT in 05, gave it a good clean and asides a set of pads it walked its MOT, dark met blue and had the alloys on it, looked lovely, plus had the trick suspension so it handled.

It was fairly slow though I remembered and the heater matrix packed in after a few week, so shoved some rad weld in and sold it on ebay for considerably less that it owed me! :oops:

Shame as it was a ex citroen car and had all the gizmos!