Wanted Alloy wheels

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
bigmarkbx

Wanted Alloy wheels

Post by bigmarkbx »

Hello again all I have now got the Tzi [estate}that was posted for free a some weeks ago the octupus is sheduled for replacement next week.But i think it would look better with a set off alloys,and is slightly under tyred with 125bhp the beestie.
So does any one have a set of alloy wheels and tyres at a reasonable price?Could be standard citroen or aftermarket.But have'nt got much dosh to play wth thanks.Mark 8)
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Hmm, may well have a set up for grabs soon. Non-standard ones but all the better for it imho. Excellent set of matching Goodyear low profiles fitted too.
I'll see if I can grab some pics and post them up or pm them to you and I *MIGHT* be persuaded to sell them cheaper without tyres. I'll check condition etc before I suggest a price.
Vauxhall apologist.
bigmarkbx

Thanks for input so far

Post by bigmarkbx »

Has anyone tried puting 16 on 17 inch wheels on an estate; and what is the max:will say a 205 /40/17 fit?Ii know it's bit ott but just wondered quite fancy min of 15 in diameter probably with 185/55's or 195/50's.Also there seem to be a lot of berlingo and saxo wheels available is the offset ok to use them?
Citroen bx tzi
peugeot 309gti
bx tgd auto
PiLsY.
BXpert

Post by PiLsY. »

17/205/40 on the back but they'll have to be flat when you put them on. You may need to slightly pull out the bodywork but only by a mil or two and it'll pop back afterwards.

17/45/205 or 17/40/215 on the front easy - no rubbing except on full lock.

Ride will be a bag of shite though - no tyrewall to cushion the small bumps.

Personally I wouldn't go above a 15 as your ride comfort will start to suffer. If you want go kart handling get a 16" wheel. Unless you've got a proper fat arse 17" rims will give your teeth a good shake.

Matt.