Wanted: BX Series 1 Saloon....

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Baz

Wanted: BX Series 1 Saloon....

Post by Baz »

Hi all....

Looking for an early BX saloon....It would preferably be in good, tidy condition inside and out (although not expecting or wanting to win any shows, obviously!), with a decent M.O.T, and capable of safe, reliable everyday use as it will most likely be my wife's daily driver. Ideally, I'd like one with the "proper" BX dash, with the revolving drum speedo and non-cancelling indicators, but if a decent 19GT cropped up with the dials, I certainly wouldn't turn my nose up!

Manual, Auto, petrol, Diesel....Any Series 1 saloon considered!

David Barry.
bazman70@hotmail.co.uk
07791 147411
01603 721324
Currently:
'99 Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Auto
'83 Renault 11 GTL 3-Door
'79 Renault 20 TS 5-Speed (coming soon)
'?? Citroen BX Series 1 Saloon (required)
ren16tx
This weeks BX legend
This weeks BX legend

BX mk1!

Post by ren16tx »

Hi Baz,
i know of an '84 C reg BX16trs auto,which is worth concidering,it has a genuine 26,ooo miles from new,i've seen the car,and is a tidy sound car,just needs a loving home!
the car is near Henly on thames,and is open to offers,
01491 638431
Also,hope you get the R20!(i have a R16tx) fab car,but if this one falls through,there was one in Essex for sale,
R20TS,1980, white/brown interior,some 30,ooo miles (mostly continental driving) said to be in good condition,garaged for several years,
Bill 01375 383781
if you fancy a '69 R16GL as abit of a project car,i have one that im thinking of selling.....
Hope this helps!
chris :P
GSA X1,GSA estate, GSA PALLAS C-matic,Simca 1100,Renault 16TX auto, yellow Visa super E, wanted mk1 bx!
Baz

Post by Baz »

Hi Chris....And thanks....

A 16TRS Auto would be great....It's a little late now, but I'll try giving them a call tomorrow....Do You know if the car is tested?

Looking at Your selection of cars Chris, You should really consider paying a visit to the guys at "Autoshite.com"....Reckon You'd fit right in over there! :wink:
Currently:
ren16tx
This weeks BX legend
This weeks BX legend

Post by ren16tx »

Its not tested,but the owner says he would MOT it,
keep me posted with the R20! we had 3 R30's and a R20 at a recent citroen/renault rally i organised,be great to get more next year!
chris
GSA X1,GSA estate, GSA PALLAS C-matic,Simca 1100,Renault 16TX auto, yellow Visa super E, wanted mk1 bx!
Baz

Post by Baz »

Ooh....Sounds promising! 8)

I think this must be the Citroen/Renault Rally that my Autoshite friend Tim (a.k.a Mouseflakes) attended recently with his metallic brown R30 (S-Reg I think)....Certainly, I'd love to attend next year, whether in my R20, or whatever BX we eventually end up with!

Saw some photos of this year's event, and it looked great! :wink:
Currently:
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Go Baz go! :D
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

Good luck Baz! They're beautiful cars and mine is sorely missed.

The one Chris mentioned is the only one I know about at the moment so you will probably need to be patient. Keep your eye on the BX Spotting and For Sale sections; if anyone on here sees a Mk 1 for sale they will post it!

Good luck.
Baz

Re: BX mk1!

Post by Baz »

ren16tx wrote:Hi Baz,
i know of an '84 C reg BX16trs auto,which is worth concidering,it has a genuine 26,ooo miles from new,i've seen the car,and is a tidy sound car,just needs a loving home!
the car is near Henly on thames,and is open to offers,
01491 638431
stuart_hedges wrote:The one Chris mentioned is the only one I know about at the moment
Don't suppose either of You chaps would happen to have an E-Mail address for the vendor of the 16TRS? Sounds silly I know, but we've no working phone here at the mo, and my mobile hasn't insufficient signal to make calls when at home....E-Mailing would be easier for me at the moment (particularly as I'm usually at work in the evenings!)....If You could P.M. me with that, or pass mine on to the vendor for me, that would be great!
Currently:
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

Nope, sorry! Only the phone number. I've spoken to the guy on the phone, he really talked the car up. A good buy and worth hiking out to a phone box if it's as good as he says it is.
Baz

Post by Baz »

stuart_hedges wrote:Nope, sorry! Only the phone number. I've spoken to the guy on the phone, he really talked the car up. A good buy and worth hiking out to a phone box if it's as good as he says it is.
Okeydokey, no worries....I'll try & phone him at the weekend! :wink:
Currently: