G plate BX 19 GTi In Grey ***FREEEEEE!*** Taxed / MOT'd

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Good man, its not what you know its who.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Home safe and sound, thanks again to Ian for being my co-driver.

Mixture of good and bad, good bit is that the car runs well, the engine is strong with excellent oil pressure, the body and interior although filthy are fairly straight apart from the front bumper and a bent sill where the jack slipped it seems. she has 2 new Pirelli tyres on the front and has a set of 205 Gti (1.6) alloys. Car is a ex Citroen UK car, with 3 owners and has some history, and recent new spheres and LHM, she is the exact same colour to my 16v 8).

Downside is its immobile at the mo as the starter is shot, theres a noisy wheelbearing and the suspension heights are all wrong with the back in the air and the front too low so looks like its been "pimped".

So ive been busy, the frond ends stripped ready to fit a new starter, and will put bumper back on properly and replace the knackered numberplate, I have set aside friday to give it a damn good clean, but its saveable! :D

Thanks marty for putting me in touch.

I am not keen on the 205 alloys as they look a wrong so if anyone wants to swop them for a decent set of the wider steels or some speedlines let me know.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Coming along nicely, fitted a NEW starter yesterday (god that was awkward), changed the oil and filter, plugs, air filter and flushed the cooling system, freed off the fromt heigh corrector and sealed the exhaust!, and i did it all myself :D

Gave it a mini valet today and it looks well, structuarally its rust free, theres alot of dents andmarks as you would expect, yes to do is the interior which needs vaxing.

Strangely enough today sounded very rattly from the top end, theres plenty of oil, and pressure, and it pulls very well, it was misfiring to start with but thats cleared? its done 109000 miles so is the inkeeping with its miles.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

PICTURES? Tim?
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

As I managed to breakmy camera phoneby dropping it in water im no using my spare, so have no way of taking any just now.

Will wait until we see what it needs for its MOT, the front right wheelbearing is rather "vocal" so that may fail and I know the emmisions are too high as it stinks lol
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Failed its MOT today, but only on a bad earth to the rear lamp, and a strut retun pipe! So the cost will be next to nothing so thats another one saved! :D

So if anyone wants a cheap Gti..........
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

Thought u might keep this one a bit longer?
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Im in no rush to sell it but if someone wants a cheepy BX and gives it a good home then I would pass it on.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

What do you call cheap?
Vauxhall apologist.
M

Post by M »

I have £3.50 in my pocket :arrow:
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

£4.70 and a set of air horns which I was going to fit to my Fronterror?
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Lol theres a few jobs to do to it yet to make it roadworthy, a rumbly wheel bearing, new front pads and sort that wash wipe. Ive so far spent £100 on parts and im yet to have the labour bill for the bits I couldnt do, plus the MOT cost itself.

When its all finished if someones wanting to give it a home then please step forward, if not I will keep it through the winter as the heaters lovely! :D
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Any joy on eBay yet Tim?
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

10 watchers and a few questions so fingers crossed. It is a nice starter BX from someone and should give someone a years trouble free motoring as it all seems sound.