Very Impressive.

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
adamskibx
BXpert

Post by adamskibx »

Hi Ian. The worse part of the body is the bit of rust pictured- The pictures dont seem to show up the dent in the drivers door too well but thats not too bad at all really- maybe a 2mm recess at most at the deepest point and no paint damage. The stonechips mentioned on the ad are worse at the tip of the bonnet and are to be expected really as its been a long distance car mostly I beleive.The only other dents I mean when I say "the odd little dent" are on the rear panels below the backmost window but these arent bad at all. Only other thing ive noticed the other day is the trip mileage reset button has stopped working but I will try and fix this if desired. The only other thing ive noticed from the pictures is that the wear in the drivers seat fabric looks a bit worse in real life, however it is not a hole. You can see the area I mean is slightly dark in the pictures. I am in Loughborough so if anyone knows anyone who can come and view the car or would like to see it first then just call me on 07929897802.

Regards, Adam
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Post by Ian_Fearn »

i'm only in Derby so its not far.

Does it leak any oil?
Over and out from me
adamskibx
BXpert

Post by adamskibx »

Hi Ian. The car doesnt seem to leak any oil or LHM- I have recently parked it up for 9 days on my Aunts new drive when I went on a holiday with the family and there was no sign of anything- There is a bit of oil on top of the gearbox but thats always been there due to the hollowed out nature of the casing and hasnt got any worse. The rear LHM return pipe has leaked once but that was simply a matter of plugging it back into the T-junction again. Your welcome to pop round this Sunday if you wish to see the car as im working tomorrow. Regards, Adam
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Post by Ian_Fearn »

I'm going to struggle as Sunday is the classic car show at the NEC. I've no idea if this chap at work is messing me around with my Golf yet so i'll hang fire until Monday.
Over and out from me
adamskibx
BXpert

Post by adamskibx »

Hi Ian. Yeah Monday sounds OK but it may be a bit too dark unless you can get here before 5.00- I dont start work tomorrow until 12.00 so if you could make tomorrow morning that would be fine- Obviously you'll need to see this tonight-Ill send an e mail too. Ive currently got no work booked on Monday but I expect you'll be held up till 5- Im not sure whether we'll have any light at but there are always petrol station canopy lights:-)
Regards, Adam
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

Yes - Tom sweated blood over it mechanically while he owned the car: it's what he cut his BX teeth on. That doesn't sound right, somehow....
Back on two wheels and pedal power for the moment.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Bidding's moving up a fair whack, so I don't know if I'll go further, but am sorely tempted. May the best man (thickest wad, that is) win... 8)
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Philip,
I would be wary, the seller states he is looking for a smaller car, smaller than a BX diesel estate.
So then he buys a BX petrol saloon. Physically smaller, true but not much, and would certainly cost more to run.
Things like this don't quite add up, thats another problem with people who use someone elses ID to sell their stuff.
As with all used cars, it's buyer beware. :shock:
They think it's all over, it is now!
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

ken newbold wrote:Philip,
I would be wary, the seller states he is looking for a smaller car, smaller than a BX diesel estate.
So then he buys a BX petrol saloon. Physically smaller, true but not much, and would certainly cost more to run.
Things like this don't quite add up, thats another problem with people who use someone elses ID to sell their stuff.
As with all used cars, it's buyer beware. :shock:
Have to say that personally speaking I`m not keen on someone using someone else`s user i.d. If the seller has bad feedback what better way to start getting a higher percentage of positive than by selling their own items? If the listing is honest and the description spot on the good feedback left by the purchaser would surely be the best bet?
Caviat Emptar (Bet I`ve spelled that wrong!)
Vauxhall apologist.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Thing is the amount of effort gone into the listing and the fact that it's not anything 'flash' (and more valuable/nickable) like a Beemer might indicate that, rather than being dodgy, the seller hasn't thought it through. I must say, having spoken to the guy he seems OK and offering delivery isn't something a dodgy person would necessarily do. Anyway, I do take advice like Ken's on board and cavmad, you have a point.

So, what to do? It certainly seems it might be worth a punt. Has anybody seen the car?
mark_bromley

Post by mark_bromley »

With respect, Adam has already explained his reasons for listing the car under my account earlier in this thread. You may consider them misguided, but, as this is such a comparitively expensive item for eBay it seemed unwise for him to let the actions of a timewaster reflect badly on this car.

As a seasoned eBayer and Citroen (zx-sorry!) driver with plenty of positive feedback I take full responsibility for the auction and know the car will make someone very happy.

Best Regards,

Mark
bernie
Likes welding rusty Fiats.

Post by bernie »

I personally can state that the few times I have met Adam and conversed with him, I find him a decent and honest person :)
Just the 0 BX
1 TZD Turbo a/c going going GONE
1 TD Hurricane being broken up for spares
3 FIAT 124 Sports!!!
1 FIAT 124 Spider ex. California
Oh and I nearly forgot
A LOVELY XANTIA HDI EXCLUSIVE ESTATE
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Well, what can I say. My insticts certainly put Adam in the decent bracket after speaking to him. So thanks for the additional reassurances. Not to say I will go beyond a certain level on bidding!
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Philip chidlow wrote:Thing is the amount of effort gone into the listing and the fact that it's not anything 'flash' (and more valuable/nickable) like a Beemer might indicate that, rather than being dodgy, the seller hasn't thought it through. I must say, having spoken to the guy he seems OK and offering delivery isn't something a dodgy person would necessarily do. Anyway, I do take advice like Ken's on board and cavmad, you have a point.

So, what to do? It certainly seems it might be worth a punt. Has anybody seen the car?
I should point out that I did NOT intend to imply that the seller was dodgy or selling a potentially stolen vehicle if that`s what you thought. More that I was pondering as to why he`d ask someone else to sell it.
In another circumstance I`d actually suggest that delivering COULD be dodgy. If you paid Paypal or cash when he delivered you`d have no proof of his address and he could easily disappear.
Please note I said in another circumstance.
Vauxhall apologist.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Sorry to everyone - I didn't mean to offend. You are right about delivery, of course, possibly a PP deposit followed by COD is the best bet, I guess.

Anyway, it's academic for me now as the bidding's going beyond my considered max.

I trust the winner will be very happy with the car. Happy motoring!

Now, all I need to do is wait for a '93 TZD in metallic green with all the options! Oh, and in immaculate condition (too). I might have a long wait but the budget will be commensurately higher!
:oops: :roll: