Non BX but a rarity that needs saving...

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Non BX but a rarity that needs saving...

Post by cavmad »

..apologies to all for this not being a BX but it does need saving from the ravages of the banger boys/Mini owners/eBay loops...

Early ('82 I think but will confirm when I get the V5) Austin Metro 1.0 3 door. Running and driving but needs 'easy welding' (previous owner's comments) and probably a once over/service. Tax and MOT have expired but a tidy looking original car that really deserves a good home. I've already had a serious (as in he was genuine) offer from someone who wanted to make it into a 6R4 replica) and two or three from banger racers plus one from a Mini owner who wants it for the engine but I will do everything I can to stop that happening, really I will.
I just haven't got the room or time to save this myself though if I can find some local storage I'll try my best. Sounds corny I know but a good home is more important than a good price but at the same time please don't take the mickey. These are really rare now and not only is it the car that saved BL at the time but also they're good fun to drive. More details and better pictures to follow, probably next week now but meanwhile here's a couple of recent-ish pics to whet your appetite...

£200 which seems a fair amount for an old car with no MOT but considering it's rarity and the fact banger racers are chasing it I think is pretty good value. Please note that donations will be made to the Metro owners club and the local talking newspapers for the blind charity (if they accept donations) and/or a children's charity.
It's currently stored elsewhere in Cheshire (not far from Manchester) but could be bought back to Chester if seriously interested.
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Billy try the forum on www.austin-rover.co.uk or .com as I know they are popular on there!
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

I really hope that goes to an enthusiast. I've got such a soft spot for Metros. Good luck!
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Thanks folks, much appreciated.
Vauxhall apologist.
M

Post by M »

Or retro rides, THAT really is giving me the horn and only a lack of money & space is stopping me from giving it a home to moulder away in quietly.