BX 19 TGD (1992 J reg) FOR SALE on ebay

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

If it were me, I would contact the highest bidder on ebay and ask them if they want to go ahead with the purchase at the £139.00 bid, as Marty says that much money with a possible duff engine is a good shout, ive bought cars with no faults for less than that, albeit not as tidy on the body.
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

U never know, it may be an enthusiast who has a spare engine (e-bay highest bidder) or the knowledge to get it fixed, better than scrapping it if u have the choice...
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

If you really need it out the way the best option surely has to be removing the tax to cash it in, and putting it back on eBay, 3 day listing, with a starting bid of roughly what you've been offered in scrap (I'm guessing £40-£50). If nobody bids then you've lost nothing and it can be scrapped. If someone bids then you've made a bit extra, and it's then someone else's responsibility to remove.

... and surely if it's currently taxed (and can remain taxed until nearer the end of the month without loosing anything) then you could put it on the road, freeing your driveway for the Xantia.
this might be a signature
ellevie
Forum Treasurer

Post by ellevie »

I suspect the car is no longer insured and it's something of a grey area as to whether a car can be kept on the road without insurance.

As for scrapping, be aware that some, or even most, scrap yards will charge you £5 per tyre to dispose of them. So a quote of £65 might in reality only be £45 (if you remove the spare beforehand).
David

BX19TRS 118K E Reg 1992-2008
BX19TRS auto abs 96k F Reg
BX19TXD 150k K Reg
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Would be a shame to scrap it if it does go and does have MOT, bxs with dodgy headgaskets have been known to carry on for quite sometime before they give up all together.
annylou

Requiem for a BX

Post by annylou »

Hi everyone!

Thanks so much to everyone for your comments but as of this afternoon the Old Man is no longer with us. I got a fair price at the scrap yard for him (£60, which plus the tax refund is going to be a bit more than the highest ebay bid) and although I would have liked to find him a home, at least other people can benefit from all the new bits in the engine and most of the rest of him will be recycled into other cars (or so my dad tells me).

All is not lost though, I'm still a Citroen driver and everything I loved about the Old Man is in the Xantia which hasn't got a nick name yet!

Thanks again everyone!

Annylou
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Great :roll: Still think you hsould have taken the £139 off ebay!
ken newbold
Over 2k

Re: Requiem for a BX

Post by ken newbold »

annylou wrote:Hi everyone!

Thanks so much to everyone for your comments but as of this afternoon the Old Man is no longer with us. I got a fair price at the scrap yard for him (£60, which plus the tax refund is going to be a bit more than the highest ebay bid) and although I would have liked to find him a home, at least other people can benefit from all the new bits in the engine and most of the rest of him will be recycled into other cars (or so my dad tells me).

All is not lost though, I'm still a Citroen driver and everything I loved about the Old Man is in the Xantia which hasn't got a nick name yet!

Thanks again everyone!

Annylou
IN THE TRUE SPIRIT OF THE BXCLUB THEN :evil:

THEY TELL ME PUNTO'S ARE A NICE CAR!
They think it's all over, it is now!
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Re: Requiem for a BX

Post by docchevron »

annylou wrote:All is not lost though, I'm still a Citroen driver and everything I loved about the Old Man is in the Xantia which hasn't got a nick name yet!
Money Pit
Ugly heap
The worlds worst car
Bland Betty
Dullmobile

The list does infact go on, and on, and on..

If it has the joy of Hydroneactive suspension you can at least press the little button on the dash to select between "dull ride" and "unbelievably dull ride"...

£60 for scrap may be £60, but that bosy shell looked good....
Shame.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...